| || |
| || |
Revision as of 15:34, 15 October 2019
The Quadrant tool adds cosmetic vertices at the 90/180/270 degree points of a circular Edge. The 0 degree vertex should already be there as a geometric vertex.
Cosmetic vertices at quadrant points of a circle
How to use
- Select one or more (circular) Edges in a View.
- Press the Quadrant button.
- Cosmetic vertices will be added at the quarter-points of the edges.
This tool can be used on any edge, not just circles.
Cosmetic Vertices have no properties of their own, as they are not Document Objects. They share color and size settings with regular geometry vertices.
See also: TechDraw API and FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
Cosmetic Vertices are not accessible from macros or the Python console at this time. This snippet will remove all Cosmetic Vertices from the View.
>>> v = App.ActiveDocument.View
- Pages: Insert Default Page, Insert Page using Template, Redraw Page
- Views: Insert View, Insert Active View, Insert Projection Group, Insert Section View, Insert Detail View, Insert Draft Workbench Object, Insert Arch Workbench Object, Insert Spreadsheet View
- Clips: Insert Clip Group, Add View to Clip Group, Remove View from Clip Group
- Dimensions: New Length, New Horizontal, New Vertical, New Radius, New Diameter, New Angle, New Angle3Pt, New Links, New Balloon
- Decorations: Hatch Face using Image File, Apply Geometric Hatch to Face, Insert SVG Symbol, Insert Bitmap Image, Turn View Frames On/Off
- Annotations: Insert Annotation, Add Leaderline to View, Insert Rich Text Annotation, Add Cosmetic Vertex, Add Midpoint Vertices, Add Quadrant Vertices, Add Centerline to Face(s), Add Centerline between 2 Lines, Add Centerline between 2 Points, Remove Cosmetic Object, Change Appearance of Line(s), Show/Hide Invisible Edges, Add Welding Information to Leader
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Linux, Windows, MacOS, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Unmaintained workbenches: Plot, Robot, Ship
- Deprecated workbenches: Complete, Drawing