|TechDraw → Add Lines → Add Leaderline to View|
|Introduced in version|
|Insert Rich Text Annotation, Add Welding Information to Leader, Line Groups|
The LeaderLine tool adds a line to a View. Other annotation objects (such as Rich Text Annotations) can be connected to the leaderline to form complex annotations.
Leader line added to View001
- Select a view.
- Press the button. A dialog will open allowing to draw the leader line and assigning end symbols to the line.
- Press and then click into the page to define the starting point of the line.
- Move the mouse and click on another point to create a line.
- Now you can either
- finish the line drawing by double-clicking or pressing .
- add further points to define more line segments.
- To finish the creation, press to close the dialog.
Note: If you did not define any points when creating the leader line, a short line will be placed at the center of the view. You can later not add further points.
- DataX,Y: The point at which the leader line is connected to the View.
- DataLeader Parent: The View to which the leader is attached.
- DataStart Symbol: The line end symbol (arrowhead) at the View end.
- DataEnd Symbol: The line end symbol at the other end.
- DataWayPoints: Nodes on the leader line.
- DataScalable: Leader scales with Leader Parent.
- DataAuto Horizontal: Forces last leader line segment to be horizontal.
- ViewColor: Pen colour for the leader line.
- ViewLine Style: 0 - No Line, 1 - Continuous, ...
- ViewLine Width: Weight of leader line.
myPage = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument().Page myBase = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument().View leaderObj = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject('TechDraw::DrawLeaderLine','DrawLeaderLine') FreeCAD.activeDocument().myPage.addView(leaderObj) FreeCAD.activeDocument().leaderObj.LeaderParent = myBase #first waypoint is always (0,0,0) #rest of waypoints are positions relative to (0,0,0) leaderObj.WayPoints = [p0,p1,p2] leaderObj.X = 5 leaderObj.Y = 5
- You can edit a Leaderline by double clicking on it in the tree view. Double clicking in the graphics area is not yet supported. The line segment(s) can be edited by pressing . To exit the point editing, press or .
- If you did not define any points when creating the leader line, a short line will be placed at the center of the view. You can later not add further points.
- By default the preferences option Leader Line Auto Horizontal is activated. Therefore the last line segment will be horizontal. So if you only have one segment, you get a horizontal line, no matter where you picked the second point.
- You can turn off the auto horizontal feature for existing Leaderlines changing the DataAuto Horizontal property.