|TechDraw → Add Lines → Add Centerline to Face(s)|
|Introduced in version|
|Add Cosmetic Vertex, Add Centerline between 2 Lines, Add Centerline between 2 Points, Remove Cosmetic Object|
The FaceCenterLine tool adds a centerline to selected faces.
Center line added to face
- Select one or more Faces in a View.
- Press the button
- A dialog will open where you can specify attributes of the new center line.
- A center line will be added at the midpoint of the bounding box of the selected Face(s).
Editing Center Lines
Any of the centerline command buttons(, , ) can be used to edit any centerline.
- Select a center line.
- Press any center line command button.
- A dialog will open where you can change attributes of the center line.
- Press to see your changes.
Cosmetic center lines have no properties of their own, as they are not Document Objects. They do have attributes that can be changed in the center line edit dialog. Not all attributes apply to all center lines
- Mode (radio buttons):
- Vertical: force center line vertical
- Horizontal: force center line horizontal
- Aligned: follow the general direction of the Edge for 2 Edge center line
- Shift Horiz: move the center line left or right of its normal position
- Shift Vert: move the center line up or down from its normal position
- Rotate: rotate the center line around its center (degrees. + CCW, -CW)
- Extend: make the center line longer by this amount
- Color: color of center line
- Weight: thickness of the center line
- Style: NoLine, Continuous, Dash, Dot, DashDot, DashDotDot
- FaceCenterLine will eventually replace two View properties:
- ViewHorizCenterLine: Show a horizontal centerline through view.
- ViewVertCenterLine: Show a vertical centerline through view.