The 2PointCenterLine tool adds a center line between two Vertices (Points).
Center line between 2 Points
- Select 2 Vertexes in a View.
- Press the Add Centerline between 2 Points button
- A dialog will open where you can specify attributes of the new center line.
- A center line will be added between the 2 selected Vertices.
Editing Center Lines
Any of the centerline command buttons (
Add Centerline to Face(s),
Add Centerline between 2 Lines,
Add Centerline between 2 Points)
can be used to edit any centerline.
- Select a center line.
- Press any center line command button.
- A dialog will open where you can change attributes of the centerline.
- Press OK to see your changes.
Cosmetic center lines have no properties of their own, as they are not Document Objects. They do have attributes that can be changed in the center line edit dialog. Not all attributes apply to all centerlines.
- Mode (radio buttons):
- Vertical: force center line vertical
- Horizontal: force center line horizontal
- Aligned: follow the general direction of the Edge for 2 Edge center line
- Shift Horiz: move the center line left or right of its normal position
- Shift Vert: move the center line up or down from its normal position
- Rotate: rotate the center line around its center (degrees. + CCW, -CW)
- Extend: make the center line longer by this amount
- Color: color of center line
- Weight: thickness of the center line
- Style: NoLine, Continuous, Dash, Dot, DashDot, DashDotDot
See also: TechDraw API and FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
Cosmetic center lines are not accessible from macros or the Python console at this time.
- Pages: Insert Default Page, Insert Page using Template, Redraw Page
- Views: Insert View, Insert Active View, Insert Projection Group, Insert Section View, Insert Detail View, Insert Draft Workbench Object, Insert Arch Workbench Object, Insert Spreadsheet View
- Clips: Insert Clip Group, Add View to Clip Group, Remove View from Clip Group
- Dimensions: New Length, New Horizontal, New Vertical, New Radius, New Diameter, New Angle, New Angle3Pt, New Links, New Balloon
- Decorations: Hatch Face using Image File, Apply Geometric Hatch to Face, Insert SVG Symbol, Insert Bitmap Image, Turn View Frames On/Off
- Annotations: Insert Annotation, Add Leaderline to View, Insert Rich Text Annotation, Add Cosmetic Vertex, Add Midpoint Vertices, Add Quadrant Vertices, Add Centerline to Face(s), Add Centerline between 2 Lines, Add Centerline between 2 Points, Remove Cosmetic Object, Change Appearance of Line(s), Show/Hide Invisible Edges, Add Welding Information to Leader
- Installation: Linux/Unix, Windows, Mac, Docker, AppImage; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting