The command deletes unused elements aligned to internal geometry, or recreates the missing ones.
- Select an element of a sketch that supports internal alignment (currently only Ellipse/Arc and B-spline).
- Invoke the command by clicking Show/Hide internal geometry or choose Sketch → Sketcher tools → Show/Hide internal geometry or using the keyboard shortcut.
If there are free alignment places for the selected element, new construction geometry is created and aligned to the available places. If all alignment places are occupied, the unused internal geometry is deleted (the element is treated as unused if it is not constrained to anything else).
- Create a new ellipse. New ellipses are always fully-packed. You'll see an ellipse and a bunch of construction geometry: major diameter, minor diameter, foci.
- Select minor diameter line and hit Del. The diameter is gone, but the ellipse remains. How do we get the diameter back?
- Select the ellipse and invoke the Show/Hide internal geometry command. The diameter is restored.
- Now, constrain the major diameter of the ellipse to some length. Select the ellipse and invoke the Show/Hide internal geometry command.
Result: Minor diameter and foci are deleted, but the major diameter is kept, because it participates in other constraints. Ellipse's center remains too, because it is inherent, like center of a circle.
- General: Create sketch, Edit sketch, Leave sketch, View sketch, View section, Map sketch to face, Reorient sketch, Validate sketch, Merge sketches, Mirror sketch, Stop operation
- Sketcher geometries: Point, Line, Arc, Arc by 3 points, Circle, Circle by 3 points, Ellipse, Ellipse by 3 points, Arc of ellipse, Arc of hyperbola, Arc of parabola, B-spline, Periodic B-pline, Polyline, Rectangle, Centered rectangle, Rounded rectangle, Triangle, Square, Pentagon, Hexagon, Heptagon, Octagon, Regular polygon, Slot, Fillet, Trim, Extend, Split, External geometry, Carbon copy, Toggle construction geometry
- Sketcher constraints:
- Geometric constraints: Coincident, Point on object, Vertical, Horizontal, Parallel, Perpendicular, Tangent, Equal, Symmetric, Block
- Dimensional constraints: Lock, Horizontal distance, Vertical distance, Distance, Radius, Diameter, Radiam, Angle, Snell's law, Internal alignment
- Constraint tools: Toggle driving/reference constraint, Activate/deactivate constraint
- Sketcher tools: Select unconstrained DoF, Close shape, Connect edges, Select associated constraints, Select associated geometry, Select redundant constraints, Select conflicting constraints, Show/hide internal geometry, Select origin, Select vertical axis, Select horizontal axis, Symmetry, Clone, Copy, Move, Rectangular array, Remove axes alignment, Delete all geometry, Delete all constraints
- Sketcher B-spline tools: Show/hide B-spline degree, Show/hide B-spline control polygon, Show/hide B-spline curvature comb, Show/hide B-spline knot multiplicity, Show/hide B-spline control point weight, Convert geometry to B-spline, Increase B-spline degree, Decrease B-spline degree, Increase knot multiplicity, Decrease knot multiplicity, Insert knot
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot