|SheetMetal → Unfold|
|Introduced in version|
To unfold a sheet metal part:
- Switch to the SheetMetal Workbench.
- Select a flat face of the sheet metal part. Note:the face should be a plane, the thickness should be constant
- Click on the Unfold tool to display a menu in task panel to manage unfolding options.
- Select projection options of future flattened sketch
- Select the rule for bend deduction with Kfactor:
See also: Property editor.
This tool creates an Unfold object and has no representation of its own in the Tree view or elsewhere and so has no properties.
The Unfold object, on the other hand, is derived from a Part Feature object and inherits all its properties. It has no additional properties, but its label has a default value:
- DataLabel (
String): Default value:
Unfold(+ a sequential number for second and following items).
The user editable name of this object, it may be any arbitrary UTF8 string.
- Sheet metal should have constant thickness
- Flat faces should be planar with no split lines
- Bend angles should be radius with cylindrical faces
- Unfold feature is not parametric at the moment.