Additional Workbench for FreeCAD to create different types of gears, involute gear, involute rack, cycloide gear, bevel gear.
- Author: looooo
- Home page: https://github.com/looooo/FCGear
- Source code on github: https://github.com/looooo/FCGear
Detailed description: Macro_FCGear
Drop down menu
Use only with FreeCAD version > 0.16
Linux Installation Instructions (From GitHub)
- git clone https://github.com/looooo/FCGear.git
- link or copy the folder into /freecad/Mod (sudo ln -s (path_to_FCGear) (path_to_freecad)/Mod
Windows Installation Instructions (7/8/8.1/10) (From GitHub)
- download ZIP-archive by clicking on button in top right corner
- go to FreeCAD-Macro-Folder (inside FreeCAD, choose "Edit > Preferences > General > Macro to see Macro Path)
- if you haven't changed the standard settings, it should be "C:\Users\Your_Windows_User_Name\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD"
- \appdata is a HIDDEN folder, so you may have to change the settings of the file explorer to see it
- create a sub-folder called "FCGear"
- make sure to copy files and folders EXACTLY as shown above to the just created sub-folder
- restart FreeCAD and the workbench should appear in the pull-down menu
- within FreeCAD you can choose "Tools > Customize > Workbenches" to enable/disable workbenches
Mac Installation Instructions (not tested) (From GitHub)
- Copy or unzip the FCgear-folder to the directory FreeCAD.app/Contents/Mod where FreeCAD.app is the folder where FreeCAD is installed.
Links to Gear WB
- Workbench Wiki: https://github.com/looooo/FCGear/wiki
- FreeCAD Wiki: Macro_FCGear and Bevel gear
- FreeCAD Forum: http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12968
- Report bugs: Please report bugs at https://github.com/looooo/FCGear/issues