- 創造和修改模型:你有一些特殊的模型是FreeCAD的預設安裝中沒有的嗎?你可以容易地創造出一個物件型態，不論是從scratch 或是藉由adapting an existing type。
- 製作客製化工具以及命令: 目前為止FreeCAD已經擁有許多功能，但還沒有足夠多方便的功能給終端使用者。不過他已經可以容易的製作出你自己的工具組。
- 修改介面: FreeCAD的使用者介面現階段依然十分的基本。不過你可以擴展任何你需要的東西。例如，創建一個工具列並將你的工具放入，建立特別的控制面板來和你的工具互動等等。
- 修改場景表現: FreeCAD有separate processes 來建立與計算幾何模型，並且將它顯示在你的螢幕。你可以全方位的控制展現在你螢幕上的東西，因此你可以改變他的展現方式，與場景互動或是增加各種客製化的動作和螢幕小工具，例如顯示目前資訊、拖拉圖案、anchors 、或者暫時的實體。
- 1 客製化 FreeCAD
- 2 Scripting in FreeCAD
- 3 API Functions
- 4 Advanced modification
- 5 Python tutorials
- 6 Community projects
- 客製化介面: Starting with the beginning: Toolbars and shortcuts
- 使用Marco: Easily record often repeated tasks or Python code
- Macros 範例
- Installing more workbenches
- Plugin Loader
- Addons installer.FCMacro
Scripting in FreeCAD
- Introduction to Python - See also other Python tutorials at the bottom of this page
- FreeCAD scripting tutorial - A general look at python scripting in FreeCAD
- FreeCAD Scripting Basics: Well, the basics...
- Gui Command : Adding custom commands to the GUI
- Using mixed Units in FreeCAD
As the functionality of FreeCAD is separated in Modules which deal with special data types and applications. FreeCAD has built-in modules and Extension Modules (plug-ins). Once plugin modules are installed, they become availible to you as easily as the built-in modules. The modules described below are the default modules, includeed in every FreeCAD installation.
- The Builtin modules are the principal FreeCAD modules. They contain tools for manipulating general FreeCAD configurations, documents and their contents.
- Workbench creation shows you how to create your own workbench
Working with Meshes
Working with Parts
- The Part Module: How Open CASCADE Technology tools and structure is used in FreeCAD
- Topological data scripting: How to interact with the Part Module
- PythonOCC: How to unleash the whole Open CASCADE power
- Mesh to Part: Converting between object types
Accessing the Coin scenegraph
- The Coin/Inventor scenegraph: How the FreeCAD scene representation works
- Pivy: How to access and modify the scenegraph
Controlling the Qt interface
- PySide: How to access the interface, and modify its contents
- Using the FreeCAD GUI in another Qt application with PyQt
Working with parametric objects
- Scripted objects: How to make 100% Python-scripted objects in FreeCAD
- Drawing Module: Automating the 3D-to-2D process
- Code snippets : A collection of pieces of FreeCAD Python code, to serve as ingredients in your scripts...
- Line drawing function: How to build a simple tool to draw lines
- Dialog creation: How to construct dialogs with Qt designer, and use them in FreeCAD
- Embedding FreeCAD: How to import FreeCAD as a Python module in other applications
- The Draft Module adds basic 2d drawing functions to freecad. It is written entirely in Python, so it can be a good example if you want to write your own modules.
- FreeCAD vector math library : A couple of handy functions to manipulate FreeCAD vectors. This library is also included in the Draft module.
The complete API documentation of FreeCAD is located at http://www.freecadweb.org/api/ . It contains both C++ and Python APIs, and is not totally well formatted yet, which can be confusing when looking for python-only code. An easier to browse version can be found here. Note that it can be incomplete, since it is updated manually. For more accurate information, browse the modules directly from FreeCAD's Python console.
- Start up and Configuration: Startup and command line options
- Install on Windows: Using the windows installer
- Compiling FreeCAD on Windows and Compiling FreeCAD on Unix
- Branding: Simple modifications you can do to the source code to change some aspects of FreeCAD
- Extra python modules : Extend the FreeCAD python interpreter with these powerful modules!
These are good generic tutorials, not specific to FreeCAD, that might interest you if you are totally new to python.
- Official python tutorial - A very complete tutorial for discovering python
- Non-programmer tutorial for python - an excellent wikibook
- Python for newbies - one big tutorial covering all the basics
PySide - How to create and manage FreeCAD's Qt UI interface from python
- PySide tutorial : A platform-agnostic tutorial showing the usage of PySide with examples
- PySide/PyQt tutorial : A easy to read tutorial that covers PySide and PyQt with examples
- PySide documentation : from the Qt Project (the people who wrote it all)
- Using QtCreator in PySide : also from the Qt Project
- PySide reference : endless detail on the minutiae of PySide and Qt, a reliable reference source
- PySide code snippets : a searchable database of PySide code snippets
The following two references are PyQt specific (not PySide) but may offer some information of use:
- Basic PyQt tutorial : A simple and short linux-based tutorial that will explain how to work with PyQt and Qt Designer
- Programming Qt applications in python : A more in-depth tutorial covering all the process of working with qt and python.
Pivy - How to interact with FreeCAD's 3D scenes
- Basic Pivy tutorial : A very simple tutorial form the official Pivy site
- Introducing Pivy into studierstube : A document that is not really a tutorial, but that illustrates well how Pivy works
On the Community portal, you can find other FreeCAD-based projects run by the FreeCAD users community. If you are starting a new FreeCAD project, be sure to list it there! We also have a page with things you can do if you would like to Help FreeCAD.