Creates a simple parametric cylinder, with position, angle, radius and height parameters.
How to use
In the workbench Part click on the cube icon . The default is for a full cylinder to be positioned, the centre of one circular face coincident with the global origin (point 0,0,0), with a radius of 2mm and height of 10mm.
The properties can later be edited in the data tab for the cylinder:
- Angle: The angle parameter permits the creation of a portion of cylinder (it is set to 360° by default)
- Height: The height is the distance in the z-axis
- Radius: The radius defines a plane in x-y.
- Modifying objects: Boolean, Union, Common, Cut, Join features, Connect, Embed, Cutout
- Splitting tools: Boolean fragments, Slice a part, Slice, XOR, Part Defeaturing
- Compound: Make compound, Explode Compound, Compound Filter; Extrude, Fillet, Revolve, Section, Cross sections, Chamfer, Mirror, Ruled Surface, Sweep, Loft
- Offset tools: 3D Offset, 2D Offset, Thickness, Projection on surface
- Other tools: Import CAD, Export CAD, Shape from Mesh, Convert to solid, Reverse shapes, Create simple copy, Create transformed copy, Create shape element copy, Refine shape, Check geometry, Measure, Attachment
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Linux, Windows, MacOS, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Unmaintained workbenches: Plot, Robot, Ship
- Deprecated workbenches: Complete, Drawing