|Part → Check geometry
|Introduced in version
The Part CheckGeometry tool runs a verification and reports if geometry is a valid solid. The tool checks if the Boundary representation (BRep or B-rep) of the model is valid.
- Select a part (beware to select the whole part and not just a face to check for valid solid)
- Invoke the tool by either:
- Clicking on the CheckGeometry button available in the Part workbench toolbar.
- Using the Part → Check geometry entry from the top menu.
- The Settings task panel opens, unless Skip settings page is enabled. See Options for more information. Click Run check.
Results will be reported in the Task panel. If the check produced errors: click in the report on a specific error message and the corresponding geometric object (edge, face, etc.) will be highlighted in the 3D view.
Note: FreeCAD has no automatic repair methods for solids, so you need to look at the steps involved to model this specific geometry and try to fix the error on your own.
Skip settings page
If ticked, subsequent invocations of the tool skip showing the Settings task panel.
Run BOP check
If ticked, additionally a Boolean OPerations (BOP) check is performed. introduced in version 0.19
If ticked, any errors found are also logged in the report view. introduced in version 0.19
- Creation and modification: Extrude, Revolve, Mirror, Fillet, Chamfer, Make face from wires, Ruled Surface, Loft, Sweep, Section, Cross sections, 3D Offset, 2D Offset, Thickness, Projection on surface, Attachment
- Boolean: Make compound, Explode Compound, Compound Filter, Boolean, Cut, Fuse, Common, Connect, Embed, Cutout, Boolean fragments, Slice apart, Slice, XOR
- Other tools: Import, Export, Box selection, Shape from Mesh, Points from mesh, Convert to solid, Reverse shapes, Create simple copy, Create transformed copy, Create shape element copy, Refine shape, Check geometry, Defeaturing, Appearance, Set colors
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot