|Part Design → Create a subtractive primitive → Subtractive box|
|Introduced in version|
Inserts a subtractive box in the active Body. Its shape is subtracted from the existing solid.
On the left: active body (A) shown in grey and subtractive box (B) shown in transparent red; result on the right.
- Press the button. Note: the Subtractive Box is part of an icon menu labelled Create a subtractive primitive. After launching FreeCAD, the Subtractive Box is the one displayed in the toolbar. If a different primitive is displayed, click on the down arrow besides the icon and select Subtractive Box in the menu.
- Set the Primitive parameters and Attachment.
- Click .
- A Box feature appears under the active Body.
The Box can be edited after its creation in two ways:
- Double-clicking it in the Model tree, or by right-clicking and selecting Edit primitive in the contextual menu; this brings up the Primitive parameters.
- Via the Property editor.
- VeriAttachment: defines the attachment mode as well as the Attachment Offset. See Part Attachment.
- VeriLabel: Label given to the Box object. Change to suit your needs.
- VeriLength: the Box's dimension in the X-direction.
- VeriWidth: the Box's dimension in the Y-direction.
- VeriHeight: the Box's dimension in the Z-direction.