|Part Design → Involute gear...
|Introduced in version
This tool allows you to create a 2D profile of an involute gear. This 2D profile is fully parametric, and can be padded with the PartDesign Pad feature.
For more detailed information see Wikipedia's entries for: Gear and Involute Gear
- Go to the menu Part Design → Involute gear....
- Set the Involute parameters.
- Click OK
- The involute gear is created outside of the active body. Drag and drop it into a body for the application of further features like padding.
- Number of teeth: Sets the number of teeth.
- Modules: Pitch diameter divided by the number of teeth.
- Pressure angle: Acute angle between the line of action and a normal to the line connecting the gear centers. Default is 20 degrees. (More info)
- High precision: True or false
- External gear: True or false
- Modeling tools
- Datum tools: Create a datum point, Create a datum line, Create a datum plane, Create a local coordinate system, Create a shape binder, Create a clone
- Additive tools: Pad, Revolution, Additive loft, Additive pipe, Additive box, Additive cone, Additive cylinder, Additive ellipsoid, Additive prism, Additive sphere, Additive torus, Additive wedge
- Subtractive tools: Pocket, Hole, Groove, Subtractive loft, Subtractive pipe, Subtractive box, Subtractive cone, Subtractive cylinder, Subtractive ellipsoid, Subtractive prism, Subtractive sphere, Subtractive torus, Subtractive wedge
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot