|Part Design → Involute gear...
|Introduced in version
This tool allows you to create a 2D profile of an involute gear. This 2D profile is fully parametric, and can be padded with the PartDesign Pad feature.
For more detailed information see Wikipedia's entries for: Gear and Involute Gear
- Go to the menu Part Design → Involute gear....
- Set the Involute parameters.
- Click OK.
- The involute gear is created outside of the active body. Drag and drop it into a body for the application of further features like padding.
Number of teeth
Sets the number of teeth.
Pitch diameter divided by the number of teeth.
Acute angle between the line of action and a normal to the line connecting the gear centers. Default is 20 degrees. (More info)
True or false
True or false
- Modeling tools
- Datum tools: Create a datum point, Create a datum line, Create a datum plane, Create a local coordinate system, Create a shape binder, Create a clone
- Additive tools: Pad, Revolution, Additive loft, Additive pipe, Additive box, Additive cone, Additive cylinder, Additive ellipsoid, Additive prism, Additive sphere, Additive torus, Additive wedge
- Subtractive tools: Pocket, Hole, Groove, Subtractive loft, Subtractive pipe, Subtractive box, Subtractive cone, Subtractive cylinder, Subtractive ellipsoid, Subtractive prism, Subtractive sphere, Subtractive torus, Subtractive wedge
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot