|Part Design → Create a clone|
|Introduced in version|
PartDesign Clone creates a linked copy of a selected object. Most types of objects are accepted, as long as they are single solids. The main use for the PartDesign Clone is to use an object created in another workbench for a PartDesign Boolean feature. It can also be simply used to create linked copies.
Clone of the inner gear while beeing translated in 3D space as an independent object
How to use
- In the Model tree, select the object to be cloned.
- Press the button.
- DataBase Feature: sets the original object the clone is based on. To replace, press the button to get a list of available objects.
- DataPlacement: defines the orientation and position of the Clone in the 3D space. See Placement.
- DataLabel: label given to the Clone object. Change to suit your needs.
- Only a single object can be used for a PartDesign Clone.
- Only objects that consist of a single solid are supported. Hence, compounds like Part container, Part Compound or Draft Array are not supported.