Does an intersection (common) on two selected meshes.
The result is created as a new separate mesh.
- Select meshes to be intersected in the tree-view or in the 3D-view.
- Choose Meshes → Boolean → Intersection
Example: Cube intersected with sphere
- Miscellaneous: Import mesh, Export mesh, Create mesh from shape, Regular solid, Curvature plot, Merge, Create mesh segments, Create mesh segments from best-fit surfaces, Unwrap Mesh, Unwrap Face
- Modifying: Harmonize normals, Flip normals, Fill holes, Close hole, Add triangle, Remove components, Remove components by hand, Refinement, Decimation, Smooth, Scale
- Analyze: Evaluate and repair mesh, Face info, Curvature info, Check solid mesh, Boundings info
- Boolean: Union, Intersection, Difference
- Cutting: Cut mesh, Trim mesh, Trim mesh with a plane, Create section from mesh and plane, Cross-sections
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Linux, Windows, MacOS, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Unmaintained workbenches: Plot, Robot, Ship
- Deprecated workbenches: Complete, Drawing