a screenshot showing version 0.10. See more screenshots
FreeCAD是一个真正的多平台程序, 目前可在Windows、Linux/Unix以及Mac OSX系统上完美运行，并在所有平台上拥有一样的外观和功能。
- OpenCasCade-based geometry kernel allowing complex 3D operations on complex shape types, and supports natively concepts like brep, nurbs, booleans operations or fillets
- geometry creation and transformation, the 2D or 3D representation of that geometry (scenegraph) or even the FreeCAD interface
- Sketcher with constraint-solver, allowing to sketch geometry-constrained 2D shapes
- Drawing sheets module that permit to put 2D views of your 3D models on a sheet
- Robot simulation module that allows to study robot movements
- Rendering module that can export 3D objects for rendering with external renderers
The FreeCAD manual is a work-in-progress community effort to provide state-of-the-art documentation about using FreeCAD, and is already available in a couple of languages. It still lacks much information, so feel free to join and contribute!
Check the Development roadmap for news about what is being planned, the Changelog and Roadmap mantis pages to see the progresses towards next release, or the Project statistics for even more information about the FreeCAD codebase.
FreeCAD can be compiled using cMake or autotools, the subversion link is https://free-cad.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/free-cad/trunk and there are build instructions for Windows, Unix/Linux and MacOSX.
FreeCAD would benefit greatly from your help, for example by testing and reporting bugs. Another problem we have, is lack of people to build and test FreeCAD on Mac OSX. If you have a mac, please help us! You are also welcome to help translating FreeCAD in your language.