Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Model → Mechanical Constraints → Constraint contact|
|Introduced in version|
Creates a FEM constraint for contact between 2 surfaces.
- Click on or choose → Mechanical Constraints → from the top menu.
- Select the master face.
- Select the slave face.
- Enter a contact stiffness.
- Enter a friction coefficient.
- The contact constraint can only be applied to two faces.
- The contact stiffness should be 10 times the young's modulus of the material for hard contact. The higher the value for contact stiffness, the harder the contact between surfaces.
- The slave face is the face which penetrates into the master face, and therefore experiences more deformation.
- The *CONTACT PAIR card is used for modeling contact in CalculiX. The constraint uses Face-to-Face penalty contact and the contact formulation is explained in detail at http://web.mit.edu/calculix_v2.7/CalculiX/ccx_2.7/doc/ccx/node112.html