This tool creates a special kind of group that controls the visual properties of objects placed inside of it. By changing the properties of the VisGroup, such as line width, line color, shape color and transparency, the changes are propagated to the objects in the group.
The VisGroup can also be used on Drawing Workbench pages; you can use it to control the color and line width of a Drawing View. However, not all options are available; for example, the Drawing View doesn't support shape color or transparency.
This is deprecated in FreeCAD 0.19, and was replaced by Draft Layer. In most cases, transitioning from 0.18 to 0.19 should also upgrade the VisGroup to a layer.
How to use
- Go to the menu Draft → Utilities → VisGroup.
- Drag and drop objects inside the newly created VisGroup, or use the Draft AddToGroup tool.
- Change the desired view properties of the VisGroup.
- DataGroup: specifies the elements that are part of the group.
- Visual properties that can be changed that are propagated to the objects: drawing style, line color, line width, shape color, transparency, and visibility.
- Basics: Coordinates, Constraining, Snapping (Near, Extension, Parallel, Grid, Endpoint, Midpoint, Perpendicular, Angle, Center, Ortho, Intersection, Special, Dimensions, Working plane)
- Drawing: Line, Polyline, Fillet, Circle, Arc, Arc 3 points, Ellipse, Polygon, Rectangle, Text, Dimension, BSpline, Point, ShapeString, Facebinder, Cubic Bezier Curve, Bezier Curve, Label
- Modifying: Move, Rotate, Offset, Trimex, Join, Split, Upgrade, Downgrade, Scale, Edit, SubelementHighlight, Wire to BSpline, Add point, Delete point, Shape 2D View, Draft to Sketch, Array, LinkArray, Polar Array, Circular Array, Path Array, Path LinkArray, Point Array, Clone, Drawing, Mirror, Stretch
- Utilities: Set working plane, Finish line, Close line, Undo line, Toggle construction mode, Toggle continue mode, Apply style, Toggle display mode, Add to group, Select group contents, Toggle snap, Toggle grid, Show snap bar, Heal, Flip Dimension, VisGroup, Slope, AutoGroup, Set Working Plane Proxy, Add to Construction group
- Additional: Preferences, Import Export Preferences (DXF/DWG, SVG, OCA, DAT); Draft API
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Linux, Windows, MacOS, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Unmaintained workbenches: Plot, Robot, Ship
- Deprecated workbenches: Complete, Drawing