The Edit Improved tool allows you to edit graphically certain properties of the selected object, such as the vertices of a Draft Wire, the length and width of a Draft Rectangle, or the radius of a Draft Circle.
Unlike the standard Draft Edit, it allows you to edit multiple multiple nodes of multiple objects at the same time.
Editing a wire
How to use
- Select an object.
- Press the Draft Edit Improved button.
- Click on all the points that you wish to move.
- Click another point on the 3D view, or type a coordinate and press the add point button.
- Press Esc or the Close button to complete the current command.
The tool mostly works on Draft objects: Draft Wires, Draft Lines, Draft Rectangles, Draft Circles, Draft Arcs, Draft Polygons, and Draft BSplines. Other object types must first be converted to these objects.
See also: Draft API and FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
There is no programming interface available for the Edit tool. Each object is modified by changing its attributes directly.
- Basics: Coordinates, Constraining, Snapping (Near, Extension, Parallel, Grid, Endpoint, Midpoint, Perpendicular, Angle, Center, Ortho, Intersection, Special, Dimensions, Working plane)
- Drawing: Line, Polyline, Fillet, Circle, Arc, Arc 3 points, Ellipse, Polygon, Rectangle, Text, Dimension, BSpline, Point, ShapeString, Facebinder, Cubic Bezier Curve, Bezier Curve, Label
- Modifying: Move, Rotate, Offset, Trimex, Join, Split, Upgrade, Downgrade, Scale, Edit, SubelementHighlight, Wire to BSpline, Add point, Delete point, Shape 2D View, Draft to Sketch, Array, LinkArray, Polar Array, Circular Array, Path Array, Path LinkArray, Point Array, Clone, Drawing, Mirror, Stretch
- Utilities: Set working plane, Finish line, Close line, Undo line, Toggle construction mode, Toggle continue mode, Apply style, Toggle display mode, Add to group, Select group contents, Toggle snap, Toggle grid, Show snap bar, Heal, Flip Dimension, VisGroup, Slope, AutoGroup, Set Working Plane Proxy, Add to Construction group
- Additional: Preferences, Import Export Preferences (DXF/DWG, SVG, OCA, DAT); Draft API
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Linux, Windows, MacOS, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Unmaintained workbenches: Plot, Robot, Ship
- Deprecated workbenches: Complete, Drawing