For a selected Draft Line or Draft Wire drawn on the XY plane, the Draft Slope tool increases the Z coordinate of all vertices after the first one, so that the line or wire has the defined slope.
The equivalent action is editing the object and moving the points manually to a new position.
Horizontal line; line with slope changed to 45°
- Select a Draft Line or Draft Wire object.
- Go to the menu Draft → Utilities → Set Slope.
- Set the desired slope value, and press the OK button.
The slope value is the tangent of the elevation angle:
- 0 means the line is completely horizontal, because tan(0°) = 0.
- 1 means 45 degrees up, because tan(45°) = 1.
- 0.577 means 30 degrees up, because tan(30°) = 0.577.
- 1.732 means 60 degrees up, because tan(60°) = 1.732, etc.
Negative values are also possible:
- -1 means 45 degrees down, because tan(-45°) = -1, etc.
- Basics: Coordinates, Constraining, Snapping (Near, Extension, Parallel, Grid, Endpoint, Midpoint, Perpendicular, Angle, Center, Ortho, Intersection, Special, Dimensions, Working plane)
- Drawing: Line, Polyline, Fillet, Circle, Arc, Arc 3 points, Ellipse, Polygon, Rectangle, Text, Dimension, BSpline, Point, ShapeString, Facebinder, Cubic Bezier Curve, Bezier Curve, Label
- Modifying: Move, Rotate, Offset, Trimex, Join, Split, Upgrade, Downgrade, Scale, Edit, SubelementHighlight, Wire to BSpline, Add point, Delete point, Shape 2D View, Draft to Sketch, Array, LinkArray, Polar Array, Circular Array, Path Array, Path LinkArray, Point Array, Clone, Drawing, Mirror, Stretch
- Utilities: Set working plane, Finish line, Close line, Undo line, Toggle construction mode, Toggle continue mode, Apply style, Toggle display mode, Add to group, Select group contents, Toggle snap, Toggle grid, Show snap bar, Heal, Flip Dimension, VisGroup, Slope, AutoGroup, Set Working Plane Proxy, Add to Construction group
- Additional: Preferences, Import-Export Preferences (DXF/DWG, SVG, OCA, DAT); Draft API
- Installation: Linux/Unix, Windows, Mac, Docker, AppImage; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting