|Draft → Point|
|Introduced in version|
|Draft AddPoint, Draft Line, Draft Wire|
A single point placed on the working plane
- Press the button, or press then keys.
- Click a point on the 3D view, or type a coordinate and press the button.
- To enter coordinates manually, simply enter the numbers, then press between each X, Y and Z component. You can press the button when you have the desired values to insert the point.
- Press or click the checkbox to toggle continue mode. If continue mode is on, the point tool will restart after you place a point, allowing you to place another one without pressing the tool button again.
- Press or the button to abort the current command.
- DataX: the X coordinate of the point.
- DataY: the Y coordinate of the point.
- DataZ: the Z coordinate of the point.
The Point tool can be used in macros and from the [[Python|]Python] console by using the following function:
Point = makePoint(X=0, Y=0, Z=0, color=None, name="Point", point_size=5) Point = makePoint(point, Y=0, Z=0, color=None, name="Point", point_size=5)
- Creates a
Pointobject in the specified
Zcoordinates, with units in millimeters. If no coordinates are given the point is created at the origin (0,0,0).
pointdefined by a
FreeCAD.Vector, it is used.
coloris a tuple
(R, G, B)that indicates the color of the point in the RGB scale; each value in the tuple should be in the range from
nameis the name of the object.
point_sizeis the size of the object in pixels, if the graphical user interface is loaded.
import FreeCAD import Draft Point1 = Draft.makePoint(1600, 1400, 0) p2 = FreeCAD.Vector(-3200, 1800, 0) Point2 = Draft.makePoint(p2, color=(0.5, 0.3, 0.6), point_size=10) FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.recompute()
This code creates
N random points within a square of side
2L. It makes a loop creating
N points, that may appear anywhere from
+L on both X and Y; it also chooses a random color and size for each point. Change
N to change the number of points, and change
L to change the area covered by the points.
import random import FreeCAD import Draft L = 1000 centered = FreeCAD.Placement(FreeCAD.Vector(-L, -L, 0), FreeCAD.Rotation()) Rectangle = Draft.makeRectangle(2*L, 2*L, placement=centered) N = 10 for i in range(N): x = 2*L*random.random() - L y = 2*L*random.random() - L z = 0 r = random.random() g = random.random() b = random.random() size = 15*random.random() + 5 Draft.makePoint(x, y, z, color=(r, g, b), point_size=size) FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.recompute()