|Draft -> PathArray|
|Introduced in version|
The PathArray tool places copies of a selected shape along a selected path. The path can be a Wire or one or more Edges. The shapes can optionally be aligned with the tangent of the path. If required, a translation Vector can be specified to shift the shapes so the centroid is on the path. If no objects are selected, you will be invited to select them.
How to use
- Select a shape object you wish to distribute.
- Select a path object along which the shapes will be distributed. -or-
- Select some edges of a path object.
- Press the button.
- The array starts with shape copies which are not aligned to the path, nor translated to a new position by default. You can then change the count, alignment and/or translation vector in the properties.
- DataBase: The shape object
- DataPathObj: The path object
- DataPathSubs: The subelements(edges) of path object to be used as the path
- DataCount: The number of time to copy the shape
- DataXlate: The translation vector
- DataAlign: True to align the shapes to the path, False to leave shapes in their default orientation.
The PathArray tool can by used in macros and from the python console by using the following function:
- Distribute count copies of a document shapeobject along a pathobject or subobjects of a pathobject. Optionally translates each copy by FreeCAD.Vector xlate direction and distance to adjust for difference in shape centre vs shape reference point. Optionally aligns baseobject to tangent/normal/binormal of path.
import FreeCAD,Draft Draft.makePathArray(base,path,items,centretrans,orient,pathsubs)
- This tool is not yet generally available. It will be included in a future version. (post v0.13)
- The PathSubs Property does not yet appear in the properties list.