The Draft workbench allows to quickly draw simple 2D objects in the current document, and offers several tools to modify them afterwards. Some of these tools also work on all other FreeCAD objects, not only those created with the Draft workbench. It also provides a complete snapping system, and several utilities to manage objects and settings.
The Draft module provides FreeCAD with importers and exporters for the following file formats:
- Autodesk .DXF: Imports and exports Drawing Exchange Format files created with 2D CAD applications
- SVG (as geometry): Imports and exports Scalable Vector Graphics files created with vector drawing applications
- Open Cad format .OCA: Imports and exports OCA/GCAD files, a potentially new open CAD file format
- Airfoil Data Format .DAT: Imports DAT files describing Airfoil profiles
- Autodesk .DWG: Import and exports DWG files via the DXF importer, when the Teigha Converter utility is installed.
- FreeCAD_and_DWG_Import: Import and exports DWG files
- Snapping: Allows to place new points on special places on existing objects
- Constraining: Allows to place new points horizontally or vertically in relation to previous points
- Working with manual coordinates: Allows to enter manual coordinates instead of clicking on screen
- Working plane: Allows you to define a plane in the 3D space, where next operations will take place
- The Draft module has its preferences screen
The Draft module features a complete Draft API so you can use its functions in scripts and macros