|Draft → Mirror|
The Mirror tool produces a mirrored copy of a selected object, using the Part Mirror operation. The copy, just like a Draft Clone, is linked to the original object. This means that if the original object changes its shape and properties, the mirrored shape changes as well.
Mirrored object created using a mirroring line
How to use
- Select an object that you wish to mirror.
- Press the button. If no object is selected, you will be invited to select one.
- Click a first point on the 3D view, or type a coordinate and press the button.
- Click a second point on the 3D view, or type a coordinate and press the button. These points define a line, which together with the camera view, define a mirroring plane that is used to create the mirrored object.
After creating the mirrored copy, its binding with the original object can be removed using thetool.
A mirrored copy of a Draft object can be turned into a Draft Wire, by using then .
- Press , or after the first point to constrain the second point on the given axis.
- To enter coordinates manually, simply enter the numbers, then press between each X, Y and Z component.
- Press or click the checkbox to toggle relative mode. If relative mode is on, the coordinates of the second point are relative to the first one; if not, they are absolute, taken from the origin (0,0,0).
- Press or click the checkbox to toggle continue mode. If continue mode is on, the Mirror tool will restart after you give the second point, allowing you to put another object without pressing the tool button again.
- Hold snapping your point to the nearest snap location, independently of the distance. while drawing to force
- Hold constrain your second point horizontally or vertically in relation to the first one. while drawing to
- Press or the button to abort the current command.
- VeriSource: specifies the object to mirror,
- VeriBase: specifies the base point of the mirror plane.
- VeriNormal: specifies the normal direction of the mirror plane.
mirrored_list = mirror(objlist, p1, p2)
- Creates Part Mirror objects from
objlist, which can be a single object or a list of objects.
- The mirroring plane is defined by the line built with points
p2, and parallel to the current view.
mirrored_listis returned with the new objects.
mirrored_listis either a single object or a list of objects, depending on the input
import FeeCAD, Draft place = FreeCAD.Placement(FreeCAD.Vector(1000, 0, 0), FreeCAD.Rotation()) Polygon1 = Draft.makePolygon(3, 750) Polygon2 = Draft.makePolygon(5, 750, placement=place) p1 = FreeCAD.Vector(2000, -1000, 0) p2 = FreeCAD.Vector(2000, 1000, 0) Line1 = Draft.makeLine(p1, p2) mirrored1 = Draft.mirror(Polygon1, p1, p2) Line2 = Draft.makeLine(-p1, -p2) mirrored2 = Draft.mirror([Polygon1, Polygon2], -p1, -p2)