|Drafting → Fillet|
|Introduced in version|
|Draft Line, Draft Wire|
The Draft Fillet command creates a fillet, a rounded corner, or a chamfer, a straight edge, between two Draft Lines.
Several fillets and chamfers created between two lines
- Select two Draft Lines that meet in a single point.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Enter the Fillet radius. If the Create chamfer option is selected this will be the size of the chamfer (the length of the straight edge). Note that the command will not succeed if the radius or the chamfer size is too large for the selected lines.
- Optionally check the Delete original objects option.
- Optionally check the Create chamfer option.
- If you have selected one of the two previous options: Click in the Fillet radius input box.
- Press .
- Press or the button to abort the command.
- A Draft Fillet cannot be edited nor is it linked to the lines that were used to create it.
- Only Draft Lines, that is Draft Wires with only two points, are supported at the moment.
- A Draft Wire that has at least three points can be filleted or chamfered by changing its DadosFillet Radius or DadosChamfer Size respectively. Since Draft Lines and Draft Wires, can be joined with the Draft Wire command, the Draft Join command or the Draft Upgrade command, this provides an alternative method for creating fillets and chamfers.
See also: Property editor.
A Draft Fillet object is derived from a Part Part2DObject and inherits all its properties. It also has the following additional properties:
- DadosEnd (
VectorDistance): (read-only) specifies the end point of the fillet.
- DadosFillet Radius (
Length): (read-only) radius with which the fillet was created.
- DadosLength (
Length): (read-only) specifies the total length of the fillet.
- DadosStart (
VectorDistance): (read-only) specifies the start point of the fillet.
- VistaArrow Size (
Length): specifies the size of the symbol displayed at the end of the fillet.
- VistaArrow Type (
Enumeration): specifies the type of symbol displayed at the end of the fillet, which can be
- VistaEnd Arrow (
Bool): specifies whether to show a symbol at the end of the fillet, so it can be used as an annotation line.
- VistaPattern (
Enumeration): not used.
- VistaPattern Size (
Float): not used.
To create a Draft Fillet use the
make_fillet method of the Draft module:
fillet = make_fillet([line1, line2], radius=100, chamfer=False, delete=False)
- Creates a
Filletobject between lines
radiusfor the curvature.
Trueit will create a straight edge with the length of
radius, instead of a rounded edge.
Trueit will delete the given
line2, and leave only the new object.
import FreeCAD as App import Draft doc = App.newDocument() p1 = App.Vector(0, 0, 0) p2 = App.Vector(1000, 1000, 0) p3 = App.Vector(2000, 0, 0) line1 = Draft.make_line(p1, p2) line2 = Draft.make_line(p2, p3) doc.recompute() fillet = Draft.make_fillet([line1, line2], radius=500) doc.recompute()