|Draft → Facebinder|
|Introduced in version|
|Part Box, Arch Wall|
The Facebinder tool creates a surface object from the selected faces of solid object. It is parametric, meaning that if you modify the original object, the Facebinder updates accordingly. If you move and rotate the Facebinder, it will stay linked to the original faces.
It can be used to create an extrusion from a collection of faces from other objects. A typical use is in architectural design to build an object that covers several faces of walls, for example, a wall paper, or wall finish.
How to use
- Pick one face, or hold and pick several faces, from solid objects.
- Press the button, or press then keys.
This object has no options when it's being created. Only selected faces will be used to create the Facebinder object.
- DataExtrusion: specifies an extrusion thickness to apply to all faces of the shape.
- DataRemove Splitter: if it is
trueit tries to fuse the internal intersections of the Facebinder when it extruded.
- DataSew: if it is
trueit tries to perform a topological sewing operation on the Facebinder when it extruded.
- ViewPattern: specifies a Draft Pattern with which to fill the face of the shape. This property only works if ViewDisplay Mode is "Flat Lines".
- ViewPattern Size: specifies the size of the Draft Pattern.
The facebinder tool can be usedin scripts and macros by using the following function:
makeFacebinder ( selectionset )
- Creates a facebinder object from the given selection set, which is a list of selection objects such as returned by the FreeCADGui.Selection.getSelectionEx() method.
- Only selected faces are taken into account
- Returns the newly created object
import Draft, FreeCADGui mySelection = FreeCADGui.Selection.getSelectionEx() Draft.makeFacebinder(mySelection)
- Not available before version 0.14