|Draft → Facebinder|
|Introduced in version|
|Part Box, Arch Wall|
The Facebinder tool creates a surface object from the selected faces of solid object. It is parametric, meaning that if you modify the original object, the Facebinder updates accordingly. If you move and rotate the Facebinder, it will stay linked to the original faces.
It can be used to create an extrusion from a collection of faces from other objects. A typical use is in architectural design to build an object that covers several faces of walls, for example, a wall paper, or wall finish.
How to use
- Select faces on objects (use CTRL to select several faces)
- Press the , button, or press , keys
The facebinder tool can be usedin scripts and macros by using the following function:
makeFacebinder ( selectionset )
- Creates a facebinder object from the given selection set, which is a list of selection objects such as returned by the FreeCADGui.Selection.getSelectionEx() method.
- Only selected faces are taken into account
- Returns the newly created object
import Draft, FreeCADGui mySelection = FreeCADGui.Selection.getSelectionEx() Draft.makeFacebinder(mySelection)
- Not available before version 0.14