| || |
facebinder a very simple object constructed from selected faces of other objects. It is of parametric, you can modify the original object and the facebinder object updates accordingly. It can then be used for example for making an extrusion out of a collection of faces from other objects. A typical use is in architectural design , to build an object that covers several pieces of walls . You can move and rotate the facebinder around after its creation, everything will stay linked to the original faces. |+|
The a object from selected faces of . It is parametric, you modify the original objectthe updates accordingly.
It can be used an extrusion a collection of faces from other objects. A typical use is in architectural design to build an object that covers several of walls, .
| || |
Revision as of 20:06, 8 November 2018
The Facebinder tool creates a surface object from the selected faces of solid object. It is parametric, meaning that if you modify the original object, the Facebinder updates accordingly. If you move and rotate the Facebinder, it will stay linked to the original faces.
It can be used to create an extrusion from a collection of faces from other objects. A typical use is in architectural design to build an object that covers several faces of walls, for example, a wall paper, or wall finish.
How to use
- Select faces on objects (use CTRL to select several faces)
- Press the Facebinder, button, or press F, F keys
The facebinder tool can be usedin scripts and macros by using the following function:
makeFacebinder ( selectionset )
- Creates a facebinder object from the given selection set, which is a list of selection objects such as returned by the FreeCADGui.Selection.getSelectionEx() method.
- Only selected faces are taken into account
- Returns the newly created object
import Draft, FreeCADGui
mySelection = FreeCADGui.Selection.getSelectionEx()
- Not available before version 0.14
- Basics: Coordinates, Constraining, Snapping (Near, Extension, Parallel, Grid, Endpoint, Midpoint, Perpendicular, Angle, Center, Ortho, Intersection, Special, Dimensions, Working plane)
- Drawing: Line, Polyline, Fillet, Circle, Arc, Arc 3 points, Ellipse, Polygon, Rectangle, Text, Dimension, BSpline, Point, ShapeString, Facebinder, Cubic Bezier Curve, Bezier Curve, Label
- Modifying: Move, Rotate, Offset, Trimex, Join, Split, Upgrade, Downgrade, Scale, Edit, SubelementHighlight, Wire to BSpline, Add point, Delete point, Shape 2D View, Draft to Sketch, Array, LinkArray, Polar Array, Circular Array, Path Array, Path LinkArray, Point Array, Clone, Drawing, Mirror, Stretch
- Utilities: Set working plane, Finish line, Close line, Undo line, Toggle construction mode, Toggle continue mode, Apply style, Toggle display mode, Add to group, Select group contents, Toggle snap, Toggle grid, Show snap bar, Heal, Flip Dimension, VisGroup, Slope, AutoGroup, Set Working Plane Proxy, Add to Construction group
- Additional: Preferences, Import Export Preferences (DXF/DWG, SVG, OCA, DAT); Draft API
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Linux, Windows, MacOS, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Unmaintained workbenches: Plot, Robot, Ship
- Deprecated workbenches: Complete, Drawing