Difference between revisions of "Draft Ellipse"
|Line 31:||Line 31:|
with a the ellipse
Revision as of 19:38, 6 November 2018
|Draft → Ellipse|
|Introduced in version|
The Ellipse tool creates an ellipse in the current work plane by entering two points, defining the corners of a rectangular box in which the ellipse will fit. It uses the Draft Linestyle set on the Draft Tray.
How to use
- Press the button, or press then keys
- Click a first point on the 3D view, or type a coordinate
- Click a second point on the 3D view, or type a coordinate
The ellipse can be turned into an elliptical arc after creation, by setting its first angle and last angle properties to different values.
- To enter coordinates manually, simply enter the numbers, then press between each X, Y and Z component.
- Press or click the checkbox to toggle continue mode. If continue mode is on, the Ellipse tool will restart after you finish the shape, allowing you to draw another one without pressing the tool button again.
- Press DataMake Face
true); if not, the ellipse will not make a face (DataMake Face
or click the checkbox to toggle filled mode. If filled mode is on, the ellipse will create a filled face (
- Press snapping your point to the nearest snap location, independently of the distance. while drawing to force
- Press constrain your second point horizontally or vertically in relation to the first one. while drawing to
- Press or the button to abort the current command.
An Ellipse object shares many properties with a Draft Circle, but some properties only make sense for the ellipse.
- DataFirst Angle: specifies the angle of the first point of the ellipse; normally 0°.
- DataLast Angle: specifies the angle of the last point of the ellipse; normally 0°.
- DataMajor Radius: specifies the major radius of the ellipse.
- DataMinor Radius: specifies the minor radius of the ellipse.
- If the both radius have the same value, the ellipse looks the same as a Draft Circle.
- DataMake Face: specifies if the Ellipse makes a face or not. If it is
truea face is created, otherwise only the perimeter is considered part of the object. This property only works if the shape is a full ellipse.
- For it to be a full ellipse DataFirst Angle and DataLast Angle should have the same value; otherwise, an elliptical arc is displayed. The values 0° and 360° are considered the same.
- ViewPattern: specifies a Draft Pattern with which to fill the face of the ellipse. This property only works if DataMake Face is
- ViewPattern Size: specifies the size of the Draft Pattern.
The Ellipse tool can by used in macros and from the python console by using the following function:
makeEllipse (majorradius, minorradius, [placement], [facemode])
- Creates an ellipse object with given major and minor radius.
- If a placement is given, it is used.
- If facemode is False, the ellipse is shown as a wireframe, otherwise as a face.
- Returns the newly created object.
import Draft myEllipse = Draft.makeEllipse(4,2)