Difference between revisions of "Draft Edit"
m (png to svg)
|Line 83:||Line 83:|
Revision as of 18:04, 21 February 2020
|Draft → Edit|
|Introduced in version|
|Std Edit, Draft AddPoint, Draft DelPoint|
Thetool allows you to graphically edit certain properties of the selected object, such as:
- the vertices of a
- the length and width of a
- the radius of a
It does nothing more than enter the object's edit mode. Another way to edit the object is by double clicking on the element in the tree view.
Editing a wire, an arc and a cubic bezier curve. Context menu is displayed for a knot of the curve
- Select an object.
- Press the button, or double-click the object in the tree view, or use the tool.
- Click on a point that you wish to move.
- Click another point on the 3D view, or type a coordinate and press the button.
- Press or the button to complete the current command.
Version 0.19 added new functionalities to Draft Edit such as multiple object editing and custom context menu. To display the context menu, user can presskey or while overing an edit node or an edited object. Beware not every object contains custom options, so the context menu will be only displayed for supported objects.
The tool mostly works on Draft objects: [[Draft Wire|Draft Wires]s, Draft Lines, Draft Rectangles, Draft Circles, Draft Arcs, Draft Polygons, and Draft BSplines. Other object types must first be converted to these objects.
- Press , or after a point to constrain the next point on the given axis.
- To enter coordinates manually, simply enter the numbers, then press between each X, Y and Z component. You can press the button when you have the desired values to insert the point.
- Hold snapping your point to the nearest snap location, independently of the distance. while drawing to force
- Hold constrain your next point horizontally or vertically in relation to the last one. while drawing to
- Press or the button or the button again to finish editing.
Some objects allow you to insert or delete points:
- Press the button, and then click on the wire or spline to add a new point.
- Press the button, and then click on a point along the wire or spline to remove it.
There is no programming interface available for the Edit tool. Each object is modified by changing its attributes directly.