The Draft Snap Dimensions option shows temporary X and Y dimensions. They display the X and Y distance between the cursor and the previous point in the working plane coordinate system. The dimensions are created on the working plane.
Temporary dimensions show the position of the cursor
For general information about snapping see Draft Snap.
- Optionally change the working plane.
- Make sure snapping is enabled. See Draft Snap Lock.
- If Draft Snap Dimensions is not active do one of the following:
- Press the button in the Draft Snap toolbar.
- Press the button in the Draft snap widget.
- Choose a Draft or Arch command to create your geometry.
- Note that you can also change snap options while a command is active.
- Pick a first point. This snap option requires a previous point.
- As you move the cursor around temporary dimensions are displayed.
See Draft Snap.
- Basics: Constraining, Snapping (Near, Extension, Parallel, Grid, Endpoint, Midpoint, Perpendicular, Angle, Center, Ortho, Intersection, Special, Dimensions, Working plane)
- Drawing: Line, Polyline, Fillet, Circle, Arc, Arc 3 points, Ellipse, Polygon, Rectangle, Text, Dimension, BSpline, Point, ShapeString, Facebinder, Cubic Bezier Curve, Bezier Curve, Label
- Modifying: Move, Rotate, Offset, Trimex, Join, Split, Upgrade, Downgrade, Scale, Edit, SubelementHighlight, Wire to BSpline, Shape 2D View, Draft to Sketch, Array, LinkArray, Polar Array, Circular Array, Path Array, Path LinkArray, Point Array, Clone, Drawing, Mirror, Stretch
- Utilities: Set working plane, Finish line, Close line, Undo line, Toggle construction mode, Toggle continue mode, Apply style, Toggle display mode, Add to group, Select group contents, Toggle snap, Toggle grid, Show snap bar, Heal, Flip Dimension, Slope, AutoGroup, Set Working Plane Proxy, Add to Construction group
- Additional: Preferences, Import Export Preferences (DXF/DWG, SVG, OCA, DAT); Draft API
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot