|Draft → Circle|
|Introduced in version|
The Circle tool creates a circle in the current work plane by entering two points, the center and the radius, or by picking tangents, or any combination of those. It uses the Draft Linestyle set on the Draft Tray. This tool works the same way as the Draft Arc tool, except that it stops after entering the radius.
How to use
- Press the button, or press then keys
- Click a first point on the 3D view, or type a coordinate
- Click a second point on the 3D view, or enter a radius value.
- The primary use of the circle tool is by picking two points, the centre and a point on the circumference, defining the radius.
- By pressing , you can select a tangent instead of picking a point. You can therefore construct several types of circles by selecting one, two or three tangents.
- To enter coordinates manually, simply enter the numbers, then press between each X, Y and Z component.
- Press or click the checkbox to toggle continue mode. If continue mode is on, the Circle tool will restart after you finish the circle, allowing you to draw another one without pressing the tool button again.
- Press DataMake Face ); if not, the circle will not make a face (DataMake Face ). or click the checkbox to toggle filled mode. If filled mode is on, a the circle will create a filled face (
- Press snapping your point to the nearest snap location, independently of the distance. while drawing to force
- Press constrain your second point horizontally or vertically in relation to the first one. while drawing to
- Press or the button to abort the current command.
- The circle can be turned into an arc after creation, by setting its first angle and last angle properties to different values.
- Circles, when in "Flat Lines" display mode, can display a hatch pattern, by setting their "Pattern" property below.
- DataRadius: The radius of the circle
- DataMake Face: Fills the circle with a face
- ViewPattern: Specifies a hatch pattern to fill the wire with
- ViewPattern Size: Specifies the size of the hatch pattern
See also Draft Pattern page.
The Circle tool can by used in macros and from the python console by using the following function:
makeCircle (radius, [placement], [facemode], [startangle], [endangle])
- Creates a circle object with given radius.
- If a placement is given, it is used.
- If facemode is False, the circle is shown as a wireframe, otherwise as a face.
- If startangle AND endangle are given (in degrees), they are used and the object appears as an arc.
- Returns the newly created object.
import Draft myCircle = Draft.makeCircle(2)