|Draft -> Circle|
|Introduced in version|
The Circle tool creates a circle in the current work plane by entering two points, the center and the radius, or by picking tangents, or any combination of those. It takes the linewidth and color previously set on the Tasks tab. This tool works the same way as the Draft Arc tool, except that it stops after entering the radius.
How to use
- Press the button, or press then keys
- Click a first point on the 3D view, or type a coordinate
- Click a second point on the 3D view, or enter a radius value.
- The primary use of the circle tool is by picking two points, the centre and a point on the circumference, defining the radius.
- By pressing , you can select a tangent instead of picking a point. You can therefore construct several types of circles by selecting one, two or three tangents.
- To enter coordinates manually, simply enter the numbers, then press between each X, Y and Z component.
- Press or click the checkbox to check/uncheck the button. If continue mode is on, the Circle tool will restart after you give the second point, allowing you to draw another circle without pressing the Circle button again.
- Press snapping your point to the nearest snap location, independently of the distance. while drawing to force
- Press constrain your second point horizontally or vertically in relation to the first one. while drawing to
- Press or the button to have the circle to appear as a face after it has been closed. This simply sets the View->Property of the Circle to "Flat lines" or "Wireframe", so it can easily be changed later.
- Press or the button to abort the current Line command.
- The circle can be turned into an arc after creation, by setting its first angle and last angle properties to different values.
- Circles, when in "Flat Lines" display mode, can display a hatch pattern, by setting their "Pattern" property below.
- DataRadius: The radius of the circle
- ViewPattern: Specifies a hatch pattern to fill the wire with
- ViewPattern Size: Specifies the size of the hatch pattern
See also Draft Pattern page.
The Circle tool can by used in macros and from the python console by using the following function:
makeCircle (radius, [placement], [facemode], [startangle], [endangle])
- Creates a circle object with given radius.
- If a placement is given, it is used.
- If facemode is False, the circle is shown as a wireframe, otherwise as a face.
- If startangle AND endangle are given (in degrees), they are used and the object appears as an arc.
- Returns the newly created object.
import Draft myCircle = Draft.makeCircle(2)