Hoja de ruta del desarrollo
FreeCAD, though usable in certain areas, is at the beginning of a long way into the CAD mainstream. there is still a lot to do to reach a state where we can compete with commercial software.
This section gives you an overview of what is planned and gives you the opportunity to participate or give your opinion. As we are volunteers to FreeCAD we have only a certain amount of time. So if you interested in one of the topics and willing to help, just let us know! We use the things done style for the project document. Here is the Project template.
You can follow the issues that are currently being working on on the tracker.
This are work in progress.
- Quality project aims to hide unfinished features and improve the documentation.
- PartDesign project is the effort towards a working part-design in FreeCAD
- Resource framework project address the user collaboration, PDM catalog/standard part stuff
- Robot project A Robot simulation workbench
Projects for the near future.
- Assembly project creates a assembly module which handle product creation, part-lists and some kinematics.
- FEM project wants to create a FEM module in FreeCAD.
- CAM project will make the existing CAM stuff in FreeCAD usable.
- Architecture project will throw the bases of a modern, parametric architectural modeling environment.
Like in the most FLOSS projects a release schedule is very rugh. There will be no fixed dates and "It's done, when it's done!"