To compile on BSD, and other Unix systems, you can follow the general instruction in Compile on Linux but using the appropriate dependencies in those systems.
To compile FreeCAD without its graphic user interface use the FreeCAD Docker CLI mode image.
To compile the programming documentation, see Source documentation.
To learn to use revision control system and contribute code see Source code management.
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot