|Arch → Panel|
|Introduced in version|
This tool allows you to build all kinds of panel-like elements, typically for panel constructions like the WikiHouse project, but also for all kinds of objects that are based on a flat profile.
The above image shows a series of panel objects, simply made from imported 2D contours from a DXF file. They can then be rotated and assembled to create structures.
How to use
- Select a 2D shape (draft object, face or sketch)
- Press the button, or press then keys
- Adjust the desired properties
- The thickness of a panel can be adjusted after creation
- Press or the button to abort the current command.
- Double-clicking on the panel in the tree view after it is created allows you to enter edit mode and access and modify its additions and subtractions
- It is possible to automatically make panels composed of more than one sheet of a material, by raising its Sheets property.
- DataThickness: The thickness of the panel
- DataSheets: The number of sheets of material the panel is made of
The Panel tool can by used in macros and from the python console by using the following function:
import Arch,Draft base = Draft.makeRectangle(500,200) Arch.makePanel(base,36)
- There is currently no automatic system to produce 2D cutting sheets from panel objects, but such feature is in the plans and will be added in the future.
- This tool is not available in FreeCAD versions prior to 0.15