|Arch → Panel Tools → Panel|
|Introduced in version|
|Arch Panel Cut, Arch Panel Sheet|
This tool allows you to build all kinds of panel-like elements, typically for panel constructions like the WikiHouse project, but also for all kinds of objects that are based on a flat profile.
The above image shows a series of panel objects, simply made from imported 2D contours from a DXF file. They can then be rotated and assembled to create structures.
Since version version 0.17 and above the Arch Panel can also be used to create corrugated or trapezoidal profiles:
- Select a 2D shape (draft object, face or sketch) - optional.
- Press the button, or press then keys.
- Adjust the desired properties.
- There is currently no automatic system to produce 2D cutting sheets from panel objects, but such feature is in the plans and will be added in the future.
- Panels share the common properties and behaviours of all Arch Components.
- The thickness of a panel can be adjusted after creation.
- Press or the button to abort the current command.
- Double-clicking on the panel in the tree view after it is created allows you to enter edit mode and access and modify its additions and subtractions.
- It is possible to automatically make panels composed of more than one sheet of a material, by raising its Sheets property.
- Panels can make use of Multi-Materials. When using a multi-material, the panel will become multi-layer, using the thicknesses specified by the multi-material. Any layer with a thickness of zero will have its thickness defined automatically by the remaining space defined by the Panel's own Thickness value, after subtracting the other layers.
- DataLength: The length of the panel
- DataWidth: The width of the panel
- DataThickness: The thickness of the panel
- DataArea: The area of the panel (automatic)
- DataSheets: The number of sheets of material the panel is made of
- DataWave Length: The length of the wave for corrugated panels
- DataWave Height: The height of the wave for corrugated panels
- DataWave Type: The type of the wave for corrugated panels, curved, trapezoidal or spiked
- DataWave Direction: The orientation of the waves for corrugated panels
- DataBottom Wave: If the bottom wave of the panel is flat or not
Panel = makePanel(baseobj=None, length=0, width=0, thickness=0, placement=None, name="Panel")
- Creates a
Panelobject from the given
baseobj, which is a closed profile, and the given extrusion
- If no
baseobjis given, you can provide the numerical values for the
thicknessto create a block panel.
- If no
- If a
placementis given, it is used.
import FreeCAD, Draft, Arch Rect = Draft.makeRectangle(1000, 400) Panel = Arch.makePanel(Rect, thickness=36)