Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Arch → Axis System|
|Introduced in version|
|Arch Axis, Arch Grid|
This is useful to define the intersection points between the different axes. Arch objects can then use this system to duplicate their shape on the different intersection points.
How to use
- Optionally, select the Arch Axis objects you wish to include in this system.
- Press the button.
- Right-click the newly created axes system object in the tree view to add/edit the Arch Axis objects included in this system.
- Select any existing Arch Axis and press or buttons to add or remove it to/from this system.
- Set the DataAxis property of any Arch object to point to this system, to have its shape duplicated to the intersection points of this system.
- A same Arch Axis object can be part of more than one system
- Any shape-based object can also be used as the Axis property of Arch objects. In this case, the object shape will be duplicated along the vertices of the Axis object
AxisSystem = makeAxisSystem(axes, name="Axis System")
- Creates an
AxisSystemobject from the given
axes, which is a single Arch Axis, or a list of them.
import Draft, Arch Axes = Arch.makeAxis(5, 1000) Axes.ViewObject.LineWidth = 3 Axes.ViewObject.BubbleSize = 200 Axes.ViewObject.FontSize = 150 Axes2 = Arch.makeAxis(6, 500) Axes2.ViewObject.LineWidth = 2 Axes2.ViewObject.BubbleSize = 200 Axes2.ViewObject.FontSize = 150 Axes2.ViewObject.NumberingStyle = "A,B,C" FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.recompute() Axes2.Length = 6000 Draft.rotate(Axes2, -90) Draft.move(Axes2, FreeCAD.Vector(-1000, 2500, 0)) FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.recompute() AxisSystem = Arch.makeAxisSystem([Axes, Axes2]) Structure = Arch.makeStructure(length=200, width=200, height=100) Draft.move(Structure, FreeCAD.Vector(-100, 0, 0)) Structure.Axis = AxisSystem FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.recompute()