Wood Frame Workbench
A complementary workbench for FreeCAD whose main goal is to provide tools to facilitate the modelling of wooden constructions (frame, timber frame, etc ...). This is a fork from FreeCAD-Timber (Jonathan Wiedemann wood-galaxy), which is no longer maintained.
- Create beams with advanced positioning
- Create panels with advanced positioning
- Attributes, used to select and filter objects (name, groups, sub-group, material, type ....) easily
- Select and show by attributes
- Listing for invoices and production list
Wood Frame comes with the following tools:
- Add a layer to the document: objects added to a layer can share the same visual properties
- Add a wood beam. To move insertion point, use the Numpad.
- Add a wood panel. This tool operates similarly to Add beam, but with panel size restriction. To move insertion point, use the Numpad.
- Cut an object with a plane
- Cut an object with a line with a normal work plane
- Copy object: duplicates an element.
- Stretch tool: select an end of a beam and add or remove to its length
- Edit the attributes of existing objects (name, groups, sub-group, material, type...)
- Select or hide elements in the 3D view by their specific attributes.
- Create wood beams listing: Generate a Spreadsheet listing of the different materials selected in the 3D view
- Edit attributes
- Select by attributes
- Align camera-view on the current Work plane: Align view from current work plane,
- Create exporter container: Create volume which contains objects to export, and configure views
- Add view to a container for export
- Export views to DXF: Export container views in a DXF file
To install this external workbench from GitHub, go to the Addon manager and click on Configure, then add https://github.com/JeromeL63/Wood-Frame as a custom repository. Refresh addons list then add Wood Frame.
Wood Frame is compatible with Freecad 0.19dev.