Video tutorials for architectural design
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The tutorials listed here are those that deal with designing rooms, houses, and other buildings which interesting for architects and civil engineers. For other topics, see the general page video tutorials.
- Yorik van Havre playlists: the Arch Workbench main developer has various lists on FreeCAD for building modeling as well as general architecture.
- Presentation of FreeCAD's Arch Workbench: FreeCAD 0.16, presentation for #ODC2016PN.
- BIM with FreeCAD - Introduction: general introduction to FreeCAD 0.17.
- BIM with FreeCAD: FreeCAD 0.17 to 0.19, general videos on BIM and and Arch Workbench, including setup, building walls, windows, using 2D objects, and expressions.
- Barcelona pavilion: FreeCAD 0.18 and 0.19, a series of 17 videos that describes the modeling of the "Barcelona Pavilion" (or "German Pavilion"), a building in Barcelona designed by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe and Lilly Reich in 1929. The videos demonstrate importing geometry from a DXF file, then go on to draw the walls, the windows, the glass panels, the structural elements and roofs, the floor tiles, the terrain, the footings and the stairs. Then it shows how to export the model to IFC, how to create 2D projections in TechDraw, how to work with quantities and schedules, and finally how to create a rendered view of the project in Blender.
- Arch WB Experience: New Workflow: a series of videos by jpg87, hosted in his own website, which teach users to model walls, roofs, and windows and doors in different positions, with the help of sketches.
- Regis Nde Tene's playlists: various videos on architectural modelling using Blender and FreeCAD, by Regis Nde Tene, in English and French.
- FreeCAD Tuts: a series of 16 videos covering a wide range of aspects of Architecture modeling including 2D plan creation, 3D modelling, using constraints, annotations, Arch spaces, rebars, exporting to PDFs, doing curtain walls, using an axis system, creating a multilayer wall, creating a wall cladding, and designing a cabinet.
- Freecad tuto French: tutorial in French.
- Elemental - Quinta Monroy: FreeCAD 0.17, a series of 35 videos that completely model the "Quinta Monroy" by Elemental. It starts by importing various DXF files for floor and elevation views that can be used as reference, and then proceeds to model the 3D objects such as walls, concrete structures, roofs, windows, and stairs. The series has two types of videos: long videos that show the modelling process in detail, and shorter videos that speed through the process to show the general steps taken in the long video.
- Blender & Freecad Arch Workflow: a series of 10 videos showing how to create a building in Blender, and exporting the model to FreeCAD.
- UH Studio Design Academy playlists: many videos on architectural design using Blender and FreeCAD, by UH Studio Design Academy.
- Freecad: FreeCAD 0.18, a series of 7 videos that present various aspects of architectural modeling, parametric building massing, introducing FreeCAD to architects and Revit users, using sketches and parametric relationships, and comparisons with grasshopper and Catia.
- Introduction to FreeCAD for architects and Revit users, Part 1, Part 2
- Eklavya Self Learning Tutorials playlists: various videos on using FreeCAD, particularly focusing on architectural and civil engineering usage, by Eklavya Self Learning Tutorials.
- Architectural BIM Modeling Course Using FreeCAD: FreeCAD 0.16, a series of 11 videos showing how to model a building including creating a slab, external walls, doors, windows, internal walls, floors, roofs, adding colors and materials, and doing rendering.
- FreeCAD Tutorials: FreeCAD 0.16, a series of 18 videos dealing with various architectural topics like dimensioning structures, creating rebars, analyzing structures, interoperability between FreeCAD and Blender, and Revit, creating tubular structures, creating a curved terrain, using geographical data, and creating 2D architectural plans.
- FreeCAD FEM/Civil/Structural/Arch Tutorial-1-An Introduction: FreeCAD 0.16, and introduction that builds a simple structure of pillars and beams, and analyzes them with the FEM Workbench.
- An Arch project with open source: a house project and energy analysis with FreeCAD, Blender 3D, and VI Suite, by Green Hub (sergiobini), Part 1, Part 2.
- FreeCAD for Architecture playlists: many videos for architectural modeling in Indonesian language, by FreeCAD for Architecture.
- Complete house project tutorial for architect 'from zero to hero' using FreeCAD!: a series of 24 videos showing many steps like drawing the floor plan, windows, doors, walls, furniture, text annotations, and dimensions, modelling the roof, draw a fence, prepare the model for exporting to Blender, and more.
- tips and trick for better and fastest workflow in FreeCAD!: a series of 8 videos with various tricks to use FreeCAD in a better way.
- Peter Böttcher playlists: various high quality BIM related videos in German by Prof. Dr. Peter Böttcher.