Visit offsite tutorials for lists of tutorials hosted on external sites.
Since there are many videos that deal with this topic, please visit Video tutorials for product design.
- Edit STL Files In FreeCAD by AllVisuals4U. It demonstrates the tool.
- Go further with Asm 3 WB by jpg87 is website with step by step instructions and videos to demonstrate usage of the Assembly3 Workbench.
- FreeCAD Tutorial - Assembly 4 Workbench by Martham Engineering. It showcases the Assembly4 Workbench.
- TechDraw: a series of 5 videos describing the TechDraw Workbench, by sliptonic; 1 (Basics), 2 (Dimensions), 3 (Multiview), 4 (Sections and Detail), and 5 (Customizing templates).
- Introduction to the FreeCAD TechDraw Workbench by Glasson Design Studio. This is particularly aimed at woodworkers but can be used for general solids.
Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM)
- sliptonic playlists: various videos on using FreeCAD, working with TechDraw and particularly the Path Workbench, by sliptonic, one of the main developers of the latter.
- Using FreeCAD version 0.17 Path Workbench: a series of 9 videos that explain how to use the Path Workbench including the tools and controllers, job setup, visualization, operations, dressups, units, and preferences.
- Coder Musashi videos: various videos on using the Path Workbench.
Visualization and rendering
- Joko Engineeringhelp playlists: many videos on 3D modelling with tools like FreeCAD and Blender.
- Blender Render Solidworks and FreeCAD Parts with AllVisuals4U: a series of 11 videos that is a collaboration between Joko Engineeringhelp and AllVisuals4U. In these videos they demonstrate how to model a glass bottle in FreeCAD, and then how to prepare a scene and render it in Blender: 3D Bottle Design - FreeCAD To Blender Export, Part 1: Import, Part 2: Arrange, Part 3: Assign Materials, Part 4: Lighting and UV Maps, Part 5: Node Options, Part 6: Create Renders, Part 7: Smooth STL Meshes.
Since there are many videos that deal with this topic, please visit Video tutorials for architectural design.
Finite element (FEM) simulation
- FreeCAD FEM/Civil/Structural/Arch Tutorial-1-An Introduction: FreeCAD 0.16, and introduction that builds a simple structure of pillars and beams, and analyzes them with the FEM Workbench, by Eklavya Self Learning Tutorials.
- How To Use FreeCAD FEM [12:15] FreeCAD v0.19, Intro to using the FEM workbench. Very well done, by Joko Engineering
- FreeCAD FEM VS SolidWorks FEA Simulation - How Do They Compare? [12:22] - A side-by-side comparison of FreeCAD 0.19.x FEM and Solidworks 2017 FEA, by Joko Engineering
- Animation Workbench by microelly: a series of 7 videos that describes the Animation Workbench by its developer. This is one of the external workbenches that can be installed from the Addon Manager.
- FreeCAD Tutorials - GENERAL by AllVisuals4U: FreeCAD 0.16, a series of 28 short videos on general aspects of FreeCAD; for example, it shows how to change units, background color, the splash screen, constraints, set perspective view, set transparency, change the size of toolbar icons, prepare for 3D print, and extrude text. Some more advanced instructions include how to do logo design, metal bending, and assembly. Most videos describe FreeCAD 0.16, but since they don't focus on modelling aspects, the information is generally applicable for other versions.
- flowwie's corner by flowwie in german language: FreeCAD 0.18 and 0.19, a nice series of 62 short videos concerning FreeCAD; videos from basic level for FreeCAD starters to intermediate level.
Although these videos are considered obsolete, they are included here for historical reference as the information they contain may still be useful for intermediate and advanced users. Absolute beginners are advised to avoid these videos until they have a better understanding of various modelling techniques.
- BPLRFE playlists: these are playlists in German by the late Roland Frank (✝2017), a beloved member of the FreeCAD community.
- FreeCAD-Tutorials (deutsch), FreeCAD 0.14 to 0.16, a series of 32 videos in German, showing how to model many different objects, and use many of the capabilities of the software. They pre-date the "Learn FreeCAD" channel videos.
- FreeCAD-Forumsantworten, FreeCAD 0.16, a series of 27 videos in German. These videos answer questions asked in the forum.
- Learn FreeCAD playlists: these are playlists in English by the late Roland Frank (✝2017), a beloved member of the FreeCAD community.
- FreeCAD Lessons for Beginners (english), FreeCAD 0.14 to 0.16, a series of 13 videos in English, showing how to model many objects. These are the English versions of the "FreeCAD-Tutorials (deutsch)" videos.
- FreeCAD- forum replies, FreeCAD 0.16, a series of 4 videos in English. These videos answer questions asked in the forum.
For more see Video tutorials obsolete.