you are currently moving TechDraw Wiki pages.
The problem is that we need Wiki pages that will work with "What's this" on FC 0.18 AND FC 0.19. You e.g. deleted the page TechDraw_NewView but this breaks the What's this functionality for FC 0.18. Therefore I want to keep both Wiki pages until FC 0.19 is released.
you changed today a filename. What do I have to know? Should all image files related to a2plus begin with "a2p_"? What about PNG. I used JPG is there any reason why you changed it to PNG?
thanks and regards --uwestoehr ([[User talk:|talk]]) 21:03, 12 February 2019 (CET)
deleting an image
Since you deleted today an image, I ask you how can I do this? I uploaded yesterday this image: https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/File:A2p_ToggleTranparency.svg is has a typo in its name that has been fixed today in the a2plus WB therefore I either want to upload it with the correct name or rename it to the correct name: "A2p_ToggleTransparency.svg"
hi Uwestoehr welcome
for the rename jpg to png , just the png file is free not the jpg
- I don't understand. What do you mean with "not free"? the JPG- format is license and patent-free since 10 years or so. Also in the FC Wiki editing guideline there is nothing mentioned that JPG is not allowed and why.--uwestoehr (talk) 15:03, 13 February 2019 (CET)
- I still don't understand. You write there that one should use free file formats. So why is JPG then forbidden? It is free: ISO definition available for free, implemented in all free OSes etc. Therefore please explain what the problem with JPG is. Also this strange patent issue mentioned here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JPEG#Patent_issues is now no more an issue since the patent expired today: https://patents.google.com/patent/US4813056 thanks and regards--uwestoehr (talk) 11:52, 15 February 2019 (CET)
for the file A2p_ToggleTranparency.svg i delete it you must download the new file with the new name it is possible to rename the file but it create a redirection, personally i prefer to delete the file
- Thank you. I reuploaded it now under the correct name.--uwestoehr (talk) 15:03, 13 February 2019 (CET)
Install_on_Unix vs. Install_on_Unix/de
today I extended some infos on Install_on_Unix with regard to openSUSE. Later on I wanted to translate it into german. I could remark a dicrepancy if I look in the Translator:
The english text with regard to openSUSE is vanished in the Translator. What to da?
- Hi after modification in English page the page must be validated by one moderator for translate and only after the page can be translated. Done now you must translate and enjoy
- Mario52 (talk) 00:24, 17 November 2019 (CET)
- Thank you. Translation Done.--Maker
With regards to Macro AeroFoil and Macro MultiCopy, why have you put the 'Temporary code for external macro link ... ' box at the top? Shouldn't it be at the bottom, under the 'Script' section? Because it's part of the script/code.
- Melwyncarlo (talk) 11:25, 19 March 2021
- Hi Melwyncarlo welcome to the macroFreeCAD club,
- The principle of the macro page: one code = one macro, your macro Macro AeroFoil and Macro MultiCopy (and others user code) have the code + the UI file ... 2 file minimum without image. I change the Codeextralink template without see if your code have many files and position it in beginning page
- For this type of the macro you need another download system for this i avert yorick, Kunda1 and galou_breizh, maybe instal it as the workbench example WorkFeature.
- For curiosity try this: Rename your folder Macro by Macro_Original (for not touch your original folder) create the new Macro folder run FreeCAD and tray install your macro
- User:Mario52Mario52 (talk) 16:08, 19 March 2021 (UTC)