About your addition to the FreeCAD and DXF Import page
I have removed the paragraph you have added to the FreeCAD and DXF Import page. IMO the information does not fit that page and should be turned into a separate tutorial. But because there are some inaccuracies in the information I have decided to create a Sandbox page first: Sandbox:Sketcher_import_DXF_tutorial.
- There is no direct way to import a DXF file into a sketch is not correct. Note that you later refer to the Sketches radio button. But selecting that option does have its issues.
- Importing Splines seems to work fine here. But maybe this depends on the DXF.
- You should also specify if the legacy importer should be used or not.
If you address some of these issues this can become a useful tutorial.
Hi Roy, thanks for your feedback.
To the inaccuracies. I just tried again with rev 28611 and again I was not able to import any DXF I had to a sketch. You say its not correct. I know the preference setting and I always set it, but I never got back a sketch object yet. Have you actually done it? Please confirm.
- I did some edits to address your inputs imho your points should be covered
When you say separate tutorial I think of any of these Tutorials, but that would require a step-by-step worked example, which would be quite different from the provided info. I would rather see it as a "HowTo" kind of info. What did you have in mind where to place that?
I would propose to add a small chapter to address that although edit fields can not be automatically filled in (FC 0.19), this could be acieved with an own macro.
As a starting point to test this from the Python Console, this Macro shows the principle
>>> p = App.ActiveDocument.Page >>> t = p.Template >>> et = t.EditableTexts >>> et["FC-Title"] = "The title of my page" >>> t.EditableTexts = et
Please, as already said in the forum discussion about TechDraw:
- search the Wiki if the info is not already there
- if you think it is missing, ask in the forum's Wiki section first: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewforum.php?f=21
- if there is already a page, but misses info, please update this page directly to reflect the current state (if necessary, add the version tag to make clear if it is a new feature of the unreleased FC 0.19)
- the Workbench pages are there for an overview, all detail info is within pages that are linked to the workbench page