|TechDraw → Add Welding Information to Leaderline|
|Introduced in version|
The WeldingSymbol tool adds welding specifications to an existing leader line.
Welding specification added to a leader line
- Select an existing leaderline.
- Press the button.
- A task dialog will open. It allows to set individual welding symbols and accompanying text to be added to the leader line.
- To exit the dialog and save changes, press the OK button. To exit the dialog without saving, press the Cancel button.
- After the welding symbol is created, it can be edited by double clicking the Welding Symbol in the Tree.
- DataAll Around: Shows the All Around symbol (circle) at the kink in the leader line.
- DataField Weld: Show the Field Weld symbol (flag) at the kink in the leader line.
- DataAlternate Weld: Offsets the lower symbol to indicate alternating welds.
- DataTail Text: Text to be shown at the end of the leader line.
Each individual symbol ("arrow side" and "other side") is represented by a "tile" object. A Welding Symbol has 1 or 2 tiles associated with it. Each of it has the following properties:
- DataTile Parent: The parent Weld Symbol
- DataTile Row: Row of the tile. 0 means above the line, -1 below the line. Note: If you change the row of one tile, you must also change the tile for the second side! This way you can flip the sides.
- DataTile Column: Column of the tile. At the moment it is always 0, therefore the property is not editable.
- DataSymbol File: Directory and file name of the symbol's SVG file.
- DataSymbol Included: Directory and file name of the actual included symbol SVG file. (It is a temporary directory.)
- DataLeft Text: Text to be displayed to the left of the SVG symbol.
- DataCenter Text: Text to be displayed above/below the SVG symbol.
- DataRight Text: Text to be displayed to the right of the SVG symbol.
symbolName = "DrawWeldSymbol001") symbolType = "TechDraw::DrawWeldSymbol" App.activeDocument().addObject(symbolType, symbolName) App.activeDocument().Page.addView(App.activeDocument().DrawWeldSymbol001) App.activeDocument().DrawWeldSymbol001.Leader = myLeader App.activeDocument().DrawWeldSymbol001.AllAround = True App.activeDocument().DrawWeldSymbol001.FieldWeld = True App.activeDocument().DrawWeldSymbol001.AlternatingWeld = True App.activeDocument().DrawWeldSymbol001.TailText = "process text" tileName = "DrawTileWeld001" tileType = "TechDraw::DrawTileWeld" App.activeDocument().addObject(tileType, tileName) App.activeDocument().DrawTileWeld001.TileParent = App.activeDocument().DrawWeldSymbol001 App.activeDocument().DrawTileWeld001.TileRow = 0 App.activeDocument().DrawTileWeld001.TileColumn = 0 App.activeDocument().DrawTileWeld001.SymbolFile = fullPathToMySvgFile App.activeDocument().DrawTileWeld001.LeftText = "left text" App.activeDocument().DrawTileWeld001.RightText = "right text" App.activeDocument().DrawTileWeld001.CenterText = "center text"
Svg Symbol Tiles
- Individual symbols are formed by 64x64 pixel SVG files. Additional symbols can be created in an SVG program like Inkscape using one of the symbols supplied by FreeCAD as template.
- Individual symbols are formed by 64x64 (nominal) pixel SVG files. The tiles actually have a "border" of 4px. The border ensures that the leader line and symbol meet nicely.
- The symbol is drawn in black on a transparent background. The stroke width is 0.5mm.
- The leader passes below symbols for the arrow side and above symbols for the "other" side.
- There is no particular naming standard other than to append "Up/Down" to the arrow/other side symbols.
- You can edit your WeldingSymbol by double clicking on it in the tree view. Double clicking in the graphics area is not yet supported.
- There is a preference parameter for the default welding symbol directory. You can add your own symbols in a personal directory.