Every TechDraw page is based on a Template object. The Template controls paper size and contains fixed text graphics and text, for example, a page frame or border.
The Template can also contain editable text fields for attributes like Title, Subtitle, Author, Date, Scale, Weight, Drawing number and Sheet.
- ДанныеOrientation: Portrait or Landscape.
- ДанныеWidth: Paper width in mm.
- ДанныеHeight: Paper height in mm.
- ДанныеPage Result: A copy of the original Template file including all changes to editable texts. This allows users who may not have a copy of the Template file to see the Page as intended. Not typically useful for end users.
- ДанныеTemplate: a) A pointer to the copy of the original Template file which is incorporated into this *.FCSTD file, or b) a filepath to a template accessible on the current machine. Use the file selection ellipsis (...) to change to a different template.
Changing Template File
To change the template of a drawing
- click the desired page in the tree
- if not already open the tree should open a small sub-tree with several leaves
- Select the Template leaf
- in the property panel/Data Tab/Template is the path to the template file. To change the file press the ellipsis button ('...'). This will open your default template folder (as set in Preferences/TechDraw).
- select another template file.
The new file will be opened directly.
When you want to update a changed template file note that you have to load another file before you can select the same file again. This is because the selection of the same file is ignored.
A limited number of pre-formatted templates in various standard page sizes are included with FreeCAD. These are found in
$INSTALL_DIR is the directory where FreeCAD was installed, for example
Custom templates can also be specified as a default in the TechDraw Preferences.
See also How to make a custom TechDraw template.
- TechDraw Templates are not entirely interchangeable with Drawing Templates. In general, Drawing templates will work in TechDraw, but there may be problems with editable text.
- Svg transform clauses will cause problems in custom templates. See a Stackoverflow discussion on removing transform clauses in SVG files.
- The xml:space="preserve" clause sometimes causes problems with text size and positioning. It is best to avoid/remove this clause from your custom template's SVG code.
- Templates work best when they contain no extraneous SVG code (called "garbage SVG" by some). There is a good article on removing garbage from SVG here. The article is in Russian.