|Time to complete
This tutorial explains how to add a pitch circle to a TechDraw view. It assumes that the model is a PartDesign Body with at least three holes in a circular pattern. For the circle a separate sketch will be created. A similar procedure can be used in other situations and to add other annotation-like elements to TechDraw views.
Create the sketch for the circle
- Activate the PartDesign Body.
- If required: switch to the PartDesign Workbench.
- In the 3D view select the correct face belonging to the body.
- Create a new sketch with the PartDesign NewSketch command.
- The sketch will be attached to the selected face.
- Call the Sketcher External command.
- Select three circular edges (holes) from the body.
- Use the Sketcher Create3PointCircle command to create a circle constrained to the center points of the external geometry.
- The sketch should now be fully constrained.
- Close the sketch.
Create the TechDraw view
- Switch to the TechDraw Workbench.
- If you don't have one already: create a TechDraw page.
- Make sure the 3D view is properly aligned.
- Hold down the Ctrl key and in the Tree view select the body and the sketch that was just just created.
- Insert a new view by calling the TechDraw View command.
- Switch to the TechDraw page.
- Select the circle.
- Call the TechDraw DecorateLine command.
- Change the Style and Weight of the circle.
- Pages: Insert Default Page, Insert Page using Template, Redraw Page
- Views: Insert View, Insert Active View, Insert Projection Group, Insert Section View, Insert Detail View, Insert Draft Workbench Object, Insert Arch Workbench Object, Insert Spreadsheet View
- Clips: Insert Clip Group, Add View to Clip Group, Remove View from Clip Group
- Decorations: Hatch Face using Image File, Apply Geometric Hatch to Face, Insert SVG Symbol, Insert Bitmap Image, Turn View Frames On/Off
- Dimensions: Insert Length Dimension, Insert Horizontal Dimension, Insert Vertical Dimension, Insert Radius Dimension, Insert Diameter Dimension, Insert Angle Dimension, Insert 3-Point Angle Dimension, Insert Horizontal Extent Dimension, Insert Vertical Extent Dimension, Link Dimension to 3D Geometry, Insert Balloon Annotation, Insert Landmark Dimension
- Annotations: Insert Annotation, Add Leaderline to View, Insert Rich Text Annotation, Add Cosmetic Vertex, Add Midpoint Vertices, Add Quadrant Vertices, Add Centerline to Faces, Add Centerline between 2 Lines, Add Centerline between 2 Points, Add Cosmetic Line Through 2 points, Remove Cosmetic Object, Change Appearance of Lines, Show/Hide Invisible Edges, Add Welding Information to Leader
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot