|TechDraw → Add Lines → Add Leaderline to View|
|Introduced in version|
|Insert Rich Text Annotation, Add Welding Information to Leader, Line Groups|
The LeaderLine tool adds a line to a View. Other annotation objects (such as Rich Text Annotations) can be connected to the leaderline to form complex annotations.
Leaderline added to View001
- Select a view.
- Press the button. A dialog will open allowing to draw the leaderline and assigning end symbols to the line.
- Click on and then click into the page to define the starting point of the line.
- Move the mouse and click on another point to create a line.
- Now you can either
- finish the line drawing by double-clicking or pressing .
- add further points to define more line segments.
- To finish the creation, press to close the dialog.
Note: If you did not define any points when creating the leaderline, a short line will be placed at the center of the view.
- Select the Leaderline in the document tree and double-click on it.
- A dialog will open where you can change the appearance.
- To edit the points, click on and the line points become visible in the drawing.
- Drag the points to a place you like and finish the change by clicking on .
- DataX,Y: The point at which the leaderline is connected to the View.
- DataLeader Parent: The View to which the leader is attached.
- DataStart Symbol: The symbol at the start: None, Filled Arrow, Open Arrow, Tick, Dot, Open Circle, Fork, Filled Triangle
- DataEnd Symbol: The symbol at the end.
- DataWayPoints: Nodes on the leaderline.
- DataScalable: Leader scales with Leader Parent.
- DataAuto Horizontal: Forces last leaderline segment to be horizontal.
- ViewColor: Pen colour for the leaderline.
- ViewLine Style: 0 NoLine, 1 Continuous, 2 Dash, 3 Dot, 4 DashDot, 5 DashDotDot
- ViewLine Width: Width of leaderline.
myPage = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument().Page myBase = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument().View leaderObj = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject('TechDraw::DrawLeaderLine','DrawLeaderLine') FreeCAD.activeDocument().myPage.addView(leaderObj) FreeCAD.activeDocument().leaderObj.LeaderParent = myBase #first waypoint is always (0,0,0) #rest of waypoints are positions relative to (0,0,0) leaderObj.WayPoints = [p0,p1,p2] leaderObj.X = 5 leaderObj.Y = 5
- You can edit a Leaderline by double clicking on it in the tree view. Double clicking in the graphics area is not yet supported. The line segment(s) can be edited by pressing . To exit the point editing, press or .
- If you did not define any points when creating the leaderline, a short line will be placed at the center of the view. You can later not add further points.
- By default the preferences option Leader Line Auto Horizontal is activated. Therefore the last line segment will be horizontal. So if you only have one segment, you get a horizontal line, no matter where you picked the second point.
- You can turn off the auto horizontal feature for existing Leaderlines changing the DataAuto Horizontal property.