Back to TechDraw Tutorials
This page provide a collection of hints and little guides on using the
TechDraw Workbench. Adding new findings and best practices is encouraged.
When the centermarks are disabled hole centers and similar things can not be dimensioned. The centermarks are rendered as a little cross.
- Select the view port (e.g. "Front")
- In the property panel, 'View Tab set the value Arc Center Marks to true
Note in this tab are other settings for the view that might be useful.
Toggle View Frame and Vertex dots
See here for switching them on and off and more information.
Curved edges as input to linear dimensions
Curved edges are accepted as input to linear dimensions. See this forum thread
Show metric and imperial dimensions at the same time
It is possible to show metric and imperial decimal dimensions at the same time. See this forum thread
Dimensioning in case of oriented holes
Two use cases. See this forum thread.
See also Measurement Of Angles On Holes
- Pages: Insert Default Page, Insert Page using Template, Redraw Page
- Views: Insert View, Insert Active View, Insert Projection Group, Insert Section View, Insert Detail View, Insert Draft Workbench Object, Insert Arch Workbench Object, Insert Spreadsheet View
- Clips: Insert Clip Group, Add View to Clip Group, Remove View from Clip Group
- Dimensions: New Length, New Horizontal, New Vertical, New Radius, New Diameter, New Angle, New Angle3Pt, New Links, New Balloon
- Decorations: Hatch Face using Image File, Apply Geometric Hatch to Face, Insert SVG Symbol, Insert Bitmap Image, Turn View Frames On/Off
- Annotations: Insert Annotation, Add Leaderline to View, Insert Rich Text Annotation, Add Cosmetic Vertex, Add Midpoint Vertices, Add Quadrant Vertices, Add Centerline to Face(s), Add Centerline between 2 Lines, Add Centerline between 2 Points, Remove Cosmetic Object, Change Appearance of Line(s), Show/Hide Invisible Edges, Add Welding Information to Leader
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot