Jump to navigation Jump to search
|TechDraw → Hatch a Face using Image File|
|Introduced in version|
|Apply Geometric Hatch to Face, TechDraw Hatching|
SVG hatch pattern on a face
- Select an closed region in a View. The region will turn green.
- Press the button
- You may need to press and/or .
- Hatching objects are vulnerable to "topological naming" issues. See the information in the TechDraw Dimension Length tool for more information. It is recommended that hatching be one of the last steps in your drawing process.
- Note that SVG hatch patterns are not included when a drawing page is saved as an SVG file.
Sample SVG patterns are available in
$INSTALL_DIR is the directory where FreeCAD was installed, for example
- DataSource: The View and Face to receive the hatch pattern.
- DataHatch Pattern: Full path and filename to an SVG pattern file.
- ViewHatch Color: Hatch pattern will be displayed in this color.
- ViewHatch Scale: Hatch pattern size modifier.
hatch = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject('TechDraw::DrawHatch','Hatch') hatch.Source = (view1,["Face0"]) hatch.HatchPattern = hatchFileSpec rc = page.addView(hatch)