|TechDraw → Hatch a Face using Image File|
|Introduced in version|
|TechDraw Geometric Hatch, TechDraw Hatching|
The TechDraw Hatch tool fills a closed region in a View with a tiled SVG or bitmap (introduced in version 1.0) based hatch pattern. Alternatively the TechDraw GeometricHatch tool uses PAT based hatch patterns. See Hatching for details.
SVG hatch pattern on a face
- Select a closed region in a View.
- There are several ways to invoke the tool:
- The Apply Hatch to Face task panel opens.
- Optionally change the Pattern File.
- Optionally change the Pattern Scale and the Line Color. These settings are ignored for bitmap patterns.
- Press the button.
- Hatching objects are vulnerable to the "topological naming problem". See TechDraw LengthDimension for more information. It is recommended that hatching be one of the last steps in your drawing process.
- Sample SVG patterns are available locally in:
$INSTALL_DIRis the directory where FreeCAD was installed, for example:
- They are also available on GitHub.
- DataSource: The View and Face to receive the hatch pattern.
- DataHatch Pattern: Full path and filename to an SVG pattern file.
- ViewHatch Color: Hatch pattern will be displayed in this color.
- ViewHatch Scale: Hatch pattern size modifier.
hatch = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject('TechDraw::DrawHatch','Hatch') hatch.Source = (view1,["Face0"]) hatch.HatchPattern = hatchFileSpec rc = page.addView(hatch)