Jump to navigation Jump to search
|TechDraw → Hatch a Face using Image File|
|Introduced in version|
|TechDraw Apply Geometric Hatch to Face, TechDraw Hatching|
SVG hatch pattern on a face
- Select an closed region in a View.
- Press the button
- A dialog will open where you can select the pattern file, the scale and color.
- Hatching objects are vulnerable to "topological naming" issues. See the information in the TechDraw Dimension Length tool for more information. It is recommended that hatching be one of the last steps in your drawing process.
- Sample SVG patterns are available locally in
$INSTALL_DIR is the directory where FreeCAD was installed, for example
and also on GitHub.
- DataSource: The View and Face to receive the hatch pattern.
- DataHatch Pattern: Full path and filename to an SVG pattern file.
- ViewHatch Color: Hatch pattern will be displayed in this color.
- ViewHatch Scale: Hatch pattern size modifier.
hatch = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject('TechDraw::DrawHatch','Hatch') hatch.Source = (view1,["Face0"]) hatch.HatchPattern = hatchFileSpec rc = page.addView(hatch)