|TechDraw → Apply Geometric Hatch to Face|
|Introduced in version|
|TechDraw Hatch, TechDraw Hatching|
The TechDraw GeometricHatch tool fills a closed region in a View with a pattern based on an AutoDesk PAT hatching specification. Alternatively the TechDraw Hatch tool uses SVG based hatch patterns. See Hatching for details.
Geometric hatch pattern on a face
- Select a closed region in a View.
- There are several ways to invoke the tool:
- The Apply Geometric Hatch to Face task panel opens.
- Optionally change the Pattern File, the Pattern Name, the Pattern Scale, the Line Weight and the Line Color.
- Press the button.
- Hatching objects are vulnerable to the "topological naming problem". See TechDraw LengthDimension for more information. It is recommended that hatching be one of the last steps in your drawing process.
A small set of sample patterns are available in:
$INSTALL_DIR is the directory where FreeCAD was installed, for example
- DataSource: The View and Face to receive the hatch pattern.
- DataFile Pattern: The location of the PAT file to use.
- DataName Pattern: The name of the PAT specification within File Pattern.
- DataScale Pattern: The scale to be applied to the pattern (must be > 0.0).
- ViewWeight Pattern: The thickness of the pattern lines.
- ViewColor Pattern: The color for the pattern lines.
hatch = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject('TechDraw::DrawGeomHatch','GeomHatch') hatch.Source = (view1,["Face0"]) hatch.FilePattern = "path/to/myPATfile.pat" hatch.NamePattern = "Diamond" rc = page.addView(hatch)
It is also possible to use TechDraw's geometric hatch engine to produce a compound object in the 3D space. One must take care that the base face lies on the XY plane, as the algorithm is not tailored yet for other cases:
import TechDraw face = Part.makePlane(10,10) patfile = "path/to/myPATfile.pat" pattern = "Diamond" scale = 10 hatch = TechDraw.makeGeomHatch(face, scale, pattern, patfile) Part.show(hatch)